• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Tennis
  3. Control>Speed>Power>Spin, in terms of importance

User Info: MarioGolfMaster

MarioGolfMaster
7 years ago#1
Thoughts? Speed might actually outrank control; it would be interesting to build a pure speed vs. pure control character to see which is easier to play. I consider Baby Mario the best non-player character in the game because of his ability to hit excellent angles.

A. Coz and Spike (gotta love that bending drop shot) are some of the best Island Open entrants for a similar reason. I've actually spent some time thinking through the quality of opponents...

It's clear from the Open that A. Coz > Kevin and Emily > B. Coz. If we take the Academy's internal rankings (and Kevin's 3rd place award--was there a match?) at face value, we have:

A. Coz > Kevin > Emily > B. Coz. I'd consider Spike and Elden as roughly on par with B. Coz. I seem to remember an NPC saying that Spike lost in the Final to Kevin last year, which would make sense, as the Costellos are newcomers and the tournament would have been seeded to produce an Empire v. Academy final (as opposed to Kevin vs. Emily).

Yeah, I think about this too much. Outside of the game's views, we can consider playable characters on their own merits. Emily might be the best for her speed, though A. Coz and Spike are fun and pretty good, too. B. Coz is too slow. Elden is probably roughly equivalent to Mark.
Is that you, John Wayne?
Is this me?
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Tennis
  3. Control>Speed>Power>Spin, in terms of importance
  • Topic Archived