• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Torneko: The Last Hope
  3. In which Answers are (occasionally) given.

User Info: Jati_no_Rei

Jati_no_Rei
10 years ago#1
Hey, there. This topic was started to give answers to Stonegolem, who had just had a topic locked before I arrived, but it can become a new Q&A thread for anyone interested.

One Caveat: Feel free to correct any mistakes in my (or anyone else's) answers, as it's been a while since I played this game, and I find myself confusing certain aspects with Shiren the Wanderer

1) Can you recharge Wands? IIRC, yes, you can meld the same type wand into each other, making one wand with a combined greater total of charges, and their MAY be a scroll that charges a wand, but as I said, it's been a While...
2) Is there even an Item Shop in town? To my recollection, there is never a "rare item" shop in town, though common items like bread/healing herb are at some point available. you must quest for and bring back the requested herbs from the dungeons, etc.
3) What's up with those 2x2 islands in the dungeon, and how can you get to them? IIRC, there is a ring that lets you walk on water, and you Could get lucky and step on a teleport trap and wind up on the island (that's what that 4th tile is, other than treasure, so you can escape if this is how you get on there.)
4) Differences between Club, Sword and Axe? it's been a while, as I said, so I don't recall any distinction other than, perhaps, the club is made of wood and thus doesn't rust?
Romancing SaGa Quests Completed / playing:
Jamil, Aisha, Albert, Claudia.............../ Barbara

User Info: stonegolem

stonegolem
10 years ago#2
Thank you for your answers.

I have been playing this game since I wrote those questions and I have to say that, this game is still awesome even it's 10 years old.

I found another way to enter those 2x2 islands which is a skill called "landfill". While playing as a Fighter, I could attach this skill to some weapons (mostly pickaxes) and they can fill water and make it passable.

I am very happy to see someone still read this topic.

User Info: Jati_no_Rei

Jati_no_Rei
10 years ago#3
Nice! I have heard of but never actually gotten that skill. Yeah, I have a long list of games that I occasionally pop in on, even if I haven't played them in months/years, and this is one of them, for a reason. I finally got my friend Obright to play this game, and he loved it, and was hanging out here recently, though I think he's moved on to something else now. Anyhow, I'll try to give him the heads up to poke in occasionally, in case you or anyone else has further questions, since he's much fresher with this game than I am.

I've been engrossed in SMT:Strange Journey recently, so it'll be a while before I make it back around to a roguelike, and the next one I play will probably be Shiren DS, anyway.
Romancing SaGa Quests Completed / playing:
Jamil, Aisha, Albert, Claudia.............../ Barbara
  1. Boards
  2. Torneko: The Last Hope
  3. In which Answers are (occasionally) given.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A