• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Torneko: The Last Hope
  3. so, nobody plays this anymore?

User Info: Domokun225

Domokun225
11 years ago#111
Honestly, levels won't matter too much later on. The only thing beneficial about it is that you get more HP. When I was Lv. 72 deep within the final dungeon, I started to notice that I did pretty much the same damage I did a dozen or so levels ago.

Another weird thing I found out was that Type-X effects for your swords start to lose their effectiveness when you fight stronger enemies. I guess they must have a lot of defense or something. =/

Oh yeah threetimes, I liked your guide for Shadow Madness. Yours and Shotgunnova's were a perfect companion to each other while I was playing SM (Great game btw).
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/8348/haruhil.jpg
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/1867/24297868.jpg

User Info: Jati_no_Rei

Jati_no_Rei
11 years ago#112
Yah, an integral part of the Mysterious Dungeon/Roguelike-genre is the lack of permanent leveling. The idea is that you must level your items, rather than yourself. When you re-enter a dungeon you previously dominated, it keeps you on your toes, rather than just letting you stroll through the enemies with no concern.

at it's core, it is what makes games like this so re-playable or continuously playable.
Romancing SaGa Quests Completed / playing:
Jamil, Aisha, Albert, Claudia.............../ Barbara

User Info: OnionTree

OnionTree
11 years ago#113

Hey, everybody. I am G, and it's been a long time since I visited this board. I previously posted here as ArleNadja and ShirenTorneko back in January of last year (I was the first person to reply here!). As you can probably tell without having to ask, that account was banned too, so long ago that I can't even begin to remember how or why. Well, the "why" is surely some bullcrap reason, that's almost always been the case everytime I've been banned, and I've officially been banned 400 times now! Jeez, why do I keep coming here, anyway? Well, has everybody been enjoying Torneko?

As you know, there's a whole slew of Dragon Quest on the DS now, with four games already released in the states, the upcoming IX, and a Dragon Quest VI remake planned sometime in the future, which I'm especially looking forward to.

As of yet, no foreseeable plans for a Torneko DS game (what else is new?), but thankfully, Shiren the Wanderer finally made it to the west on the DS a good while ago! I got it the day it came out, but now I see tons of copies littering Best Buy for $15 a piece. Pick it up if you don't have it, it's great and cheap! Obsessed fans like me followed it for years with the SNES translation patch, and now it's a common bargain bin game with a legacy. :P

Adversly, if you like Shiren and want to play a similar, yet different game, you should check out Torneko: The Last Hope, which you probably already have if you're here! XD

The first Torneko on the SNES is great too, but you'll need a translation patch.

If you like Torneko and you haven't played any of the main Dragon Quest games or the game that Torneko originates from (for shame), Dragon Quest IV was remade for the DS. It seems the DS is the system of choice for Dragon Quest and dungeon crawling fans (but we STILL need a port of Azure Dreams! ;_;). Dragon Quest VIII is about $10 on PS2, and is an overall awesome game and my favorite PS2 RPG. It made up for Final Fantasy X, X-2, XI, and XII, it's that good! (If you like those games, well, I hope I did a good job offending your tastes like Square did offending mine!)

Well, I'm afraid that's all I have to say for now. Well, I have one last game to advertise that has nothing to do with any of this. There's a game called Scribblenauts coming soon to the DS. Go look it up, I think you'll be quite intrigued. It's a concept that I think would appeal to just about everybody.

User Info: Jati_no_Rei

Jati_no_Rei
11 years ago#114
glad to have you back! Yep, one of the main reasons I got a DS was because of Shiren, and I do love it though I'm playing SMT:DS right now, and Loving It! I have also recently decided that I really do need a PSP, which would theoretically allow me to capture an ISO of my copy of Azure Dreams, and then play it on the go...

and yes, if anyone here hasn't seen the screenshots of DQ9, Go Check them Out! Also, the SaGa 2 remake that's hitting JPN in september looks Stupid Awesome. Yay!
Romancing SaGa Quests Completed / playing:
Jamil, Aisha, Albert, Claudia.............../ Barbara
  1. Boards
  2. Torneko: The Last Hope
  3. so, nobody plays this anymore?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A