• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart: Super Circuit
  3. Why is Mario so bad in this iteration?

User Info: InsaneVayne

InsaneVayne
4 years ago#1
I main as Peach and it's almost ALWAYS a direct battle between me and Luigi and Bowser.

Mario is always rooted to the bottom with zero points most of the time.

How do you think this affected Peach and Mario's relationship during this period? Peachy must have started gaining some respect for Luigi and wanting to hang out with him more to develop her game.

As for Bowser, we all know Peach must have the occasional fantasy were Bowser succeeds in taking her away, and giving her a good rough pounding that the little chubby plumber couldn't dream about. Do you think different cliques developed and negatively impinged upon Nintendo's primary romance?

Any ideas?

User Info: _HahaaE_

_HahaaE_
4 years ago#2
InsaneVayne posted...
I main as Peach and it's almost ALWAYS a direct battle between me and Luigi and Bowser.

Mario is always rooted to the bottom with zero points most of the time.

How do you think this affected Peach and Mario's relationship during this period? Peachy must have started gaining some respect for Luigi and wanting to hang out with him more to develop her game.

As for Bowser, we all know Peach must have the occasional fantasy were Bowser succeeds in taking her away, and giving her a good rough pounding that the little chubby plumber couldn't dream about. Do you think different cliques developed and negatively impinged upon Nintendo's primary romance?

Any ideas?

The placings are based on the character you choose, if I remember correctly. There is an algorithm for it, though I can't quite recall what it is. As far as speed goes, Mario and Luigi are in the middle, and have outrageous handling.

Speed tier list in MKSC is as follows (the in-game "speed" stat actually refers to acceleration):
1. Bowser
2. DK
3. Wario
4. Luigi
5. Mario
6. Toad (tied)
6. Peach (tied)
8, Yoshi

If you'd like to discuss MKSC further, or maybe even submit your Time Trial records to the official rankings, check out the Player's Page at http://www.mariokart64.com/mksc/

On the MKSC division of the forum, you can find the algorithm for AI placings, the algorithm for getting 3 stars, all of the speed and acceleration stats, as well as plenty of us who actually play the game and know what we're talking about.

Here's a vid of the Rainbow Road 3lap world record, set by me: https://youtu.be/pWfke4Z6erY

/shamelessadvertisement
MKSC: Shortcut World Champion (47 WR's)
SSBM: Fox & Puff

User Info: InsaneVayne

InsaneVayne
4 years ago#3
Thanks, didn't expect a speedy reply on such an empty board (or any reply for that matter).

When I was younger, I played 64 and Double Dash to death and "competed" in time trials. It was great fun, but I was never close to the best and never will be. I did destroy those pesky staff ghosts though, and if my 15 year old memory doesn't betray me, they were pretty tough. Plus I only play on the PC now, so any records I theoretically could get would be void. But it's a moot point- I suck.

I'll check out your shameless plug. I bet it's insane, I did a few big boost jump skips myself on RR for fun. Time trials are the best part of MK, and I never felt the need to have others to race against- because I have myself! And you can always aim to beat yourself.

I love using Peach (phrasing), so most races end up with a Peach/Luigi 1/2, with the others nowhere in sight.

-------------------

Pity there's no hard mode mod for this game. The idiots never fire their shells backwards, they never recover from slips, they never boost across terrain, they get star power and I STILL overtake them. Step up your game AI!

I never got three stars for every one, so that really is a target to aim for. Before reading about it, I'm fairly sure it's about 1) how long you're in 1st, 2) how many coins you collect.
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart: Super Circuit
  3. Why is Mario so bad in this iteration?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A