• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart: Super Circuit
  3. this might be the best mario kart game

User Info: Saunders095

Saunders095
6 years ago#1
i am a HUGE proponent of Mario Kart 64...the game did everything right. easy to learn, hard to master. simple gameplay...

but ive been playing super circuit recently and im impressed. perfect combo of super mario kart and mario kart 64. you have the power slide mechanics of SMK but you get a boost if done correctly ala MK64 (not exactly the same but a marriage between the two)

i didn't care for anything after MK64 but this may take the cake and here's why: the Lightning Bolt and Blue Shell are rare enough where they are exciting...in later iterations of the game these power ups are way too common. the amount of times I have seen these power ups is...perfect.

i went back to play SMK and was disappointed. I forgot about the split screen presentation. did not care for the power up boxes on the ground (im now too used to the 3d boxes from MK64). Wario is my favorite racer so obviously thats a welcome feature. plus you get to play all of the SNES courses...so whats not to like?

MK64 still might be my favorite but man did Super Circuit give it a run for its money and knock down SMK a tier...

User Info: _HahaaE_

_HahaaE_
6 years ago#2
You can get boosts in SMK after drifting. Its just harder to tell.

MKSC is indeed a gem. I started TTing in MKDS and then MKW for a while, but MKSC is, to me, the most enjoyable. Its mechanics are simple, but as the skill level increases, so do the techniques. Things like ticking are a fun challenge and make TTs much more enjoyable. There's a ton of shortcuts and glitches for people into that as well.

Indifferent to the character roster. Mainly just use Toad or Bowser anyways. Wish every track could save a ghost, and the cartridge hold more than 10 or so.
the lily of the valley doesn't grow

User Info: MoonlitDNC

MoonlitDNC
6 years ago#3
It's sad the version they put out on the 3DS doesn't have any multiplayer. MKDS and Super Circuit have probably been my two favorite Mario Kart games out of all of them. I cant really think of any complaints about either game.

I noticed how common lightning and especially blue shells are on MK8 - they just pop up so often it doesn't feel like I'm racing with my own skill but instead the RNG. I was playing MKSC last night and was reminded (had totally forgotten until now) that it is actually possibly to outrun red and blue shells on there. I kind of wish newer games would have kept that, as it's a lot more exciting.

User Info: _HahaaE_

_HahaaE_
6 years ago#4
Eh, the GP racing, etc. is decent I guess. There's still some annying RNG that can go in there at the worst possible moments (in particular if you're trying to speedrun GP mode). However I do agree that it's not anywhere near as ridiculous RNG as the newer MK's. I would wager that it is still more hectic though, due to the smaller relative size of the stages (especially the SNES cups).
the lily of the valley doesn't grow

User Info: Bass_X0

Bass_X0
6 years ago#5
Its not.
"Well, it's not a bad game. It's made by Capcom, so how could it?" ~ AVGN
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart: Super Circuit
  3. this might be the best mario kart game
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A