• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart: Super Circuit
  3. 3 Star Ranking in Extra Lightning Cup 150cc

User Info: CubeMaster02

CubeMaster02
8 years ago#1
Hey Guys,
is there anyone, who got a 3 Star Ranking in Extra Lightning Cup 150cc?
I,ve got every 3 Star Ranking in the Normal Cups, 50cc and 100cc Extra Cups! But this one seems to be impossible.
Today I had a very good try were I did the following:
-got in 1st place every race
-reached lap times near the world records (except the time lost because I got hit by two ghosts, but I don't think you can avoid things like this to happen)
-never went off the track
-collected 140 coins
-didn't hit another kart
-didn't use any retry
What in the world shall I do better? If someone of you got this one, please try to explain what you did as exactly as possible.
As you can't find a lot about this topic in the whole internet, I don't expect a fast answer, but I will check this board sometimes!

User Info: ShadowMario3

ShadowMario3
8 years ago#2
It's very picky. It took me way too long to get the triple star ranking in the 150cc Extra Cups. You pretty much met the requirements, so it's just down to luck. I eventually narrowed it down to where a faster time was better than collecting more coins. Of course, you need 130 or so coins with the fast time to get it.
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowMario3

CubeMaster02
8 years ago#3
OK, thanks!
I will try it! (Again!) What do you think about the mud in the last course (choco island 2)? May it help to avoid it as good as possible (i.e. does the mud count as going off the track)?
I think that would be an explanation for this Cup to be much more difficult than the other ones!

CubeMaster02
8 years ago#4
I'm still trying! I had a few very good runs, for example I got hit by just one ghost and collected over 150 coins.
Are there other theories about this cup beeing so hard? I can get the 3 Star Ranking in the Extra Mushroom Cup or Extra Flower Cup 150cc in one or two tries (actually you can do a few mistakes there...). But the Extra Lightning Cup is crazy!!! I have tried it about 1000 times now (honest guess, no exaggeration) and got the 2 Star Ranking at least 800 times.
Does someone have another idea? What could I do better?
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart: Super Circuit
  3. 3 Star Ranking in Extra Lightning Cup 150cc
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A