• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo II: Lord of Destruction
  3. Any legit way to get ladder only runewords on single player?

User Info: PsychoWolfX

PsychoWolfX
7 years ago#1
Is there a setting or something that allows this? Probably not, but it can't hurt to ask.

User Info: SorrowfulSong

SorrowfulSong
7 years ago#2
No, you'll need a mod like Runeword Mod, or PlugY.
http://i40.tinypic.com/9ih72o.jpg

User Info: muchmusic64

muchmusic64
7 years ago#3
Yes there is, the only thing you need to do is save a .txt file to your diablo folder and add a command to your D2 shortcut. Personally I have a separate shortcut on my desktop just for when I need to do single player runewords of the exceptionally small chance doing this is frowned upon. All credit for this goes to Hobotos on the Battle.net forums.

1) Download this file: https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B_MKcrNsKcK6Zjg2NzYwOTMtYTQ3OC00M2FmLTliYzgtMTNlZDcyMTAyNzcx&hl=en

2) Place it in the "Diablo II\data\global\excel" folder so that it looks something like this: Diablo II\data\global\excel\Runes.txt (note: you will need to create these folders)

3) Add -direct -txt to the shortcut command-line so that it looks something like this: "C:\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" -direct -txt

4) Try out the runeword to see if it works. If it didn't work, close the game using the Task Manager... do NOT exit the game normally or it will save the lost runes.

User Info: vick1000

vick1000
7 years ago#4
Also make a copy of your save folder, just in case.
Bob Page: "I will burn like the brightest star..."
J.C. Denton: "You're gonna burn alright."

User Info: SorrowfulSong

SorrowfulSong
7 years ago#5

That's not really a "legit" way.
http://i40.tinypic.com/9ih72o.jpg

User Info: MrEngineer1

MrEngineer1
7 years ago#6
Some would argue that it's more legit than online players buying runes from bots and JSP. At least he had to find all the runes and items himself.

User Info: Foxxx_Hound

Foxxx_Hound
7 years ago#7
MrEngineer1 posted...
Some would argue that it's more legit than online players buying runes from bots and JSP. At least he had to find all the runes and items himself.

What's wrong with D2JSP? I use that for trades.
iMac 27" | Intel Core 2 Duo 3.06 | ATI Radeon HD 4670 | 4GB DDR3 | 1TB HDD

User Info: MrEngineer1

MrEngineer1
7 years ago#8
How you think they get all those runes and perfect rolls? Bots and rollbacks.

Granted there are some people who do trade legitimately . But I'd bet 75% of the items on there is from botting.

User Info: Foxxx_Hound

Foxxx_Hound
7 years ago#9
MrEngineer1 posted...
How you think they get all those runes and perfect rolls? Bots and rollbacks.

Granted there are some people who do trade legitimately . But I'd bet 75% of the items on there is from botting.

Botting isn't THAT bad. It's not like you're camping a bg for points making your team lose. Do you really wanna run a million cbaal runs to hit 96-99? I doubt it. I know I don't. It was one thing back in the day to bot. But when hardly anyone plays the game anymore, who cares. Besides, botting isn't as easy as you think. They're all based on the fact you have nigma and/or sorc tele. Try doing end-game runs through a bot with crap gear.
iMac 27" | Intel Core 2 Duo 3.06 | ATI Radeon HD 4670 | 4GB DDR3 | 1TB HDD

User Info: muchmusic64

muchmusic64
7 years ago#10
SorrowfulSong posted...

That's not really a "legit" way.

I say it's pretty legit. It uses the shortcut commands that Blizzard created to play around with game setting plus a text file that if you wanted to you can just type out yourself on notepad. Absolutely no third party programs or downloads needed. Downloading the txt file just saves you the time it takes you to type it yourself.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo II: Lord of Destruction
  3. Any legit way to get ladder only runewords on single player?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A