• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Lorthremar

Lorthremar
7 years ago#1
So, yesterday was my first time playing Diablo 2 (yeah yeah, I know; I'm a little late). But, when I came back to it today, the enemies bodies were still dead. I tried exiting and reloading over 20 times, and that never did anything. Google did not heed any results. Do you guys have any ideas? Thanks.
I doubt we'll get any XXX characters. The ESRB would have a fit.

User Info: Fenriradramelk

Fenriradramelk
7 years ago#2
unless you specify to start a new game with an existing character on single-player, enemies will *NOT* respawn. Ever. Same idea with chests and pretty much everything else.

Only very few enemies are respawnable, and these will typically come from a "generator" type enemy (kill the generator and the others stop spawning).
ie: the bird nests in act 1, mummy-sarcophagi in act 2, or the poison bugs that lay eggs, etc.
The Sun was born, so it shall die. As we were forged we shall return.
I know in darkness I will find you, giving up inside like me.

User Info: Timbermaw

Timbermaw
7 years ago#3
Lorthremar posted...
I tried exiting and reloading over 20 times

Reloading? You mean start new game?

User Info: Lord Heimdall

Lord Heimdall
7 years ago#4
Are you playing online? If you quit a game you created and join it later again, enemies won't respawn. You have to create another game.
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy X [PS2]
The time is coming !!!

Lorthremar
7 years ago#5
Lord Heimdall posted...
Are you playing online? If you quit a game you created and join it later again, enemies won't respawn. You have to create another game.

No, I was not playing online. I was just playing single player.

Lorthremar
7 years ago#6
Fenriradramelk posted...
unless you specify to start a new game with an existing character on single-player, enemies will *NOT* respawn. Ever. Same idea with chests and pretty much everything else.

Only very few enemies are respawnable, and these will typically come from a "generator" type enemy (kill the generator and the others stop spawning).
ie: the bird nests in act 1, mummy-sarcophagi in act 2, or the poison bugs that lay eggs, etc.

Ok, thank you.

User Info: red255

red255
7 years ago#7
The respawning enemies don't tend to drop XP though.

or items. though You can get items out of them with find item.
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
  • Topic Archived