• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. ICO
  3. ICO Group Playthrough Chapter 3: Symmetry/Water & Wood

User Info: fatbaldguy0

fatbaldguy0
11 months ago#21
Also, I plan to run through the second half of the game, which will be some of this section and then the remainder early next week. I'll stream it live Monday evening at about 6:00 PST / 9:00 EST at https://www.twitch.tv/7ucky.

I won't have to deal with a lot of the issues that delayed the first session, so hoping to start promptly. I'll post to the channel a heads up. Afterward, I'll archive a clip and link it here.
"I thought what i would do was pretend to be one of those deaf-mutes."

User Info: RocketJess

RocketJess
11 months ago#22
Ajogamer posted...
Finally got past the room, so went and finished most of this chapter. It took about 20-ish minutes of checking around to figure out the solution.

The puzzle afterward was interesting, since it forced me to backtrack into the previous room for part of it (glad to see those things that didn't come into play before aren't just red herrings).

Glad you got there in the end! I had to get the giveaway hint for that bit. Leave Yorda to wander in the waterway long enough, and she'll stand below the hole and point up to it.

And I like how the design of your path through the castle winds back on itself sometimes. I feel like the whole thing is like a single Zelda-style dungeon. You'll go on paths and activate some sort of thing that unlocks progress, or gain a new item/skill, then return to a central area with a new path now accessible.

The two crevices you noticed in the garden-courtyard wall actually lead through to little balconies overlooking the graveyard. It doesn't add anything to gameplay but it's just a "here's where you came from and how the castle map fits together" moment.
RocketJess, blasting off again!
PSN: iscah_rambles

User Info: funkadelius

funkadelius
11 months ago#23
RocketJess posted...
Ajogamer posted...
Finally got past the room, so went and finished most of this chapter. It took about 20-ish minutes of checking around to figure out the solution.

The puzzle afterward was interesting, since it forced me to backtrack into the previous room for part of it (glad to see those things that didn't come into play before aren't just red herrings).

Glad you got there in the end! I had to get the giveaway hint for that bit. Leave Yorda to wander in the waterway long enough, and she'll stand below the hole and point up to it.

And I like how the design of your path through the castle winds back on itself sometimes. I feel like the whole thing is like a single Zelda-style dungeon. You'll go on paths and activate some sort of thing that unlocks progress, or gain a new item/skill, then return to a central area with a new path now accessible.

The two crevices you noticed in the garden-courtyard wall actually lead through to little balconies overlooking the graveyard. It doesn't add anything to gameplay but it's just a "here's where you came from and how the castle map fits together" moment.

I'm not sure if it's true or not, but this game supposedly inspired Dark Souls, which has a similar design philosophy.
I am Error. Check out my YouTube channel:
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCApMBqrP3fY1s6AiqQ3yTug?

User Info: Ajogamer

Ajogamer
11 months ago#24
Finished up the rest of this chapter, which wasn't too much, just the waterfall to the water tower. I did rather like those few areas though. Don't really have too much to say about the remaining bit, but I do see a few here mentioned the manual elevator thing leading up to the water tower, which I agree does seem a bit pointless, though didn't really bother me. That said, I also noticed the speed of turning the handle varies based on how far toward the end of the handle you are, so while it only took me a minute (at most) when I pushed it while holding on to the far end, it'd easily be 2-3 times that length if someone were to push it while holding onto the center of the knob (I hope none of you wound up doing that instead, heh).

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
11 months ago#25
@Ajogamer
Oh I pushed the hard way.
😑
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 USun: Stella; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

User Info: Ajogamer

Ajogamer
11 months ago#26
@gamemaster712 Ah, heh. That must've been painful.

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
11 months ago#27
@Ajogamer
It was such a slow grind! 😤
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 USun: Stella; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

User Info: funkadelius

funkadelius
11 months ago#28
@Ajogamer I pushed near the middle, which was bad enough.
I am Error. Check out my YouTube channel:
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCApMBqrP3fY1s6AiqQ3yTug?
  1. Boards
  2. ICO
  3. ICO Group Playthrough Chapter 3: Symmetry/Water & Wood
  • Topic Archived