• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. ICO
  3. ICO Group Playthrough Chapter 3: Symmetry/Water & Wood

User Info: funkadelius

funkadelius
11 months ago#1
I haven't finished this section yet, so forgive me if the description of where the chapter ends is a bit vague. Anyway, complete symmetry as well as water & woods. Stop when you get to the couch in the water tower area near the end of the section. Just for reference, I'm going off of Bbishop's walkthrough here on Game Faqs to split the sections up.

Share you thoughts, feelings, etc.

The final portion of the game looks really short, so we'll knock the rest of it out next week!
I am Error. Check out my YouTube channel:
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCApMBqrP3fY1s6AiqQ3yTug?

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
11 months ago#2
I have a save right before the last section...
Since ico can’t do it with bench solo...
Have fun.
I’ll make another run soon
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 USun: Stella; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

User Info: funkadelius

funkadelius
11 months ago#3
gamemaster712 posted...
I have a save right before the last section...
Since ico can’t do it with bench solo...
Have fun.
I’ll make another run soon

Oh is the last part difficult? Looking forward to it. Well, I'm very nearly done this chapter. What were they thinking when they put in the elevator that you have to crank for three minutes to get to the next area? Some of the visuals in the water tower area were great, I was actually nervous trying to make some of the jumps.
I am Error. Check out my YouTube channel:
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCApMBqrP3fY1s6AiqQ3yTug?

gamemaster712
11 months ago#4
Oh yeah...
The blasted elevator...
It’s like they intend to ruin any speed run or kill the pace....

The last area despite lacking save point has apparent deep meanings...
And it’s a personal favorite ambience...
Ruined by the save point crap...
But still good
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 USun: Stella; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder

User Info: Cardamomok

Cardamomok
11 months ago#5
Finally had time to play this week's part.

I've started following a guide (and I'm glad I did) because to be honest this game has stressed me out more than any I've played in a while. Some stuff is needlessly cryptic and I had to redo a couple of long, slow sections due to jumping the wrong way while the camera is shifting and things like that, which is not fun. At least fighting becomes much easier once you find the sword.

Having to go through basically the same area twice in the "symmetry" chapter was kinda lame but the architecture is rather fascinating and the scene on the retracting bridge was pretty cool.

I'm curious to see if the story pays off towards the end, but if I understand correctly there are going to be no checkpoints for like an hour which already sounds like a terrible idea to me.

funkadelius posted...
What were they thinking when they put in the elevator that you have to crank for three minutes to get to the next area?

Actually if you push furthest from the center the mechanism rotates MUCH faster. Sadly it's one of many things the game assumes you just know with no explanation.

gamemaster712
11 months ago#6
@Cardamomok
Well last part is really only half and hour...
Less if you know what to do...
I died a lot there so now it’s easy for me.

Not only are the puzzles mostly cryptic but usually the solutions are so damn simple you starting to feel dumber than a 5th grader

User Info: fatbaldguy0

fatbaldguy0
11 months ago#7
Now that things are in order and I've caught up, I will stream this stage later today and just head straight on through to the end (starting with a completed East Arena, picking up where I left off).

@gamemaster712 @Cardamomok @funkadelius - if there's a time any of you prefer today, I'll try and get in that window. Otherwise, I'll post to this board again when going live.
"I thought what i would do was pretend to be one of those deaf-mutes."

gamemaster712
11 months ago#8
Doesn’t matter.
Either way I like to see your playthrough.

@fatbaldguy0

User Info: RocketJess

RocketJess
11 months ago#9
funkadelius posted...
Anyway, complete symmetry as well as water & woods. Stop when you get to the couch in the water tower area near the end of the section. Just for reference, I'm going off of Bbishop's walkthrough here on Game Faqs to split the sections up.

If we’re finishing next week, I’d recommend not stopping at the water tower but continuing through the “Symmetry II” section and activating the second reflector. It sounds like some people are doing this anyway.

Cardamomok posted...
I'm curious to see if the story pays off towards the end, but if I understand correctly there are going to be no checkpoints for like an hour which already sounds like a terrible idea to me.

There are checkpoints, just not permanent save points as it’s intended to be completed in one sitting.

Cardamomok posted...
Actually if you push furthest from the center the mechanism rotates MUCH faster. Sadly it's one of many things the game assumes you just know with no explanation.

It makes sense, physics-wise, that it takes less effort to push it from the end of the lever than close to the centre.
RocketJess, blasting off again!
PSN: iscah_rambles

User Info: Cardamomok

Cardamomok
11 months ago#10
RocketJess posted...

There are checkpoints, just not permanent save points as it’s intended to be completed in one sitting.

That's not nearly as bad as I thought then.

RocketJess posted...

It makes sense, physics-wise, that it takes less effort to push it from the end of the lever than close to the centre.

True, and that's what made me try it out, but ICO isn't a game where such realistic physics-based logic always applies. Nor SHOULD it, mind you, my point is just that from a game design standpoint there's always a fine line between the developer's and the player's responsibility when a game mechanic is not understood.
  1. Boards
  2. ICO
  3. ICO Group Playthrough Chapter 3: Symmetry/Water & Wood
  • Topic Archived