• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. ICO
  3. Still playing for the first time.

User Info: hiandbye95

hiandbye95
5 years ago#1
Hey! Man the threads on Gamefaqs close up way too quickly. Here's the previous one:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/367472-ico/69034563

Sorry for not updating in a while, school started again so I have less time to play now.

But I won't let this thread die again!

User Info: Pyrella

Pyrella
5 years ago#2
Go for it!!!!! v_o-o_v
Playing (PS2): GTA San Andreas ~ Final Fantasy VII

Pyrella
5 years ago#3
Before this gets closed, too ;)
How's it going? Or too stressed with school?
:)
Playing (PS2): Final Fantasy VII

hiandbye95
5 years ago#4
I was going to post today anyway, but thank you for the bump!

See, the thing was this: I have less time to play because of school and I also wanted to play Tomb Raider 2 over ICO, these last couple of weeks.
I think it's because ICO is more of an experience than a game, and I just wanted to play a traditionally structured game: individual levels, 3 secrets per level, bosses, rewards, ect.

Now that I've finished TR2, the only games that are left on my actively-playing-list are an SMW Hack, Pokemon, and ICO - so expect to hear much more of me!

Pyrella
5 years ago#5
Ha, i understand :) Sometimes I need a change and switch around my games xD And tomorrow I will finally start Grandia II

Have fun and read ya soon ;)
Playing (PS2): Final Fantasy VII

hiandbye95
5 years ago#6
I wonder what kind of huge machine is powered by the huge waterwheels in the waterfall cave.

Was the part where you had to blow up a high rising water container to make it fall on and bring down a bridge (huh, lucky us, that exactly that and nothing else happened) the watertower? In that case you're right, all of those bridges and around-the-corner-ways to get to places was probably the most confusing thing yet.

Oh, do you know what happens, when you run out of bombs to use at any point that requires bombs? Do they simply respawn or are you stuck forever?

I'm now at the first savepoint in the west reflector building.. and I worry: Is the game almost over already? If it is, I'll honestly be a little disappointed it was that short.

One thing I'll probably never learn: Don't look up anything about anything you are currently playing, reading, watching, ect. on the Internet. You will get spoiled.
I just happened to notice the Cheats button up there and became curious if this game had any.
But, of course, the very first "Cheat" tells me what the secret weapon is. *sigh*

This is also important to you, Pyrella, though it's probably already too late.
Don't look up anything about FFVII before you haven't played to at least Disc 2, or will experience the biggest spoiler in your life.

Pyrella
5 years ago#7
As soon as I googled FF VII years ago, I was spoiled. But still had a wonderful (if you could say so....) experience! Almost the end of Disc 2 now, did some grinding on FF XII in between and started Grandia II yesterday ^^

I do not know what hapoens when you run out of bombs. Interesting thing to check the next time I play through the game.

Past the water tower now, huh? ^^ To me, it felt like a different world, like OUTSIDE the castle grounds. How long did it take you?

Hm. ICO is a short game. But you still have a bit of a run until the end.
Playing (PS2): Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy XII

hiandbye95
5 years ago#8
You're closer than ever to the other cliff, to freedom at the west reflector.

The watertower didn't take me that long. While it was at times hard to figure out where to go next, it wasn't that difficult.
I saved at 05h 52m and half an hour later I was at the West Reflector building. I move on one save file every time I save, that's why I can tell you this so accurately. Saw a Let's Payer do this once, on a different game, thought it weird, but now that I've tried it I can't seem to stop!

What I was having trouble with again, was the west reflector building, because of the same reasons I was having trouble in the east. Having to leave Yorda alone. Never works out for me.
I only have to light two more flames now. It was getting late last night.

I still have a bit of a run until the end? Thank you, that sounds great!

I've been thinking about stuff. But not coming up with lots of answers.

Rewatching the intro movie I realized: there really is no bridge connecting the square on the cliff I was talking about earlier, they crossed the gap in a boat! So I guess we'll have to do the same.. but then why open the gate? Probably because it will lead us on to the right path.

That's another thing. While the game is huge.. there really is only one set way to get trough the castle. The path feels set. (*) The castle feels "programmed" to provide a way of escaping if you have the power to move the idols.

And if Yorda was a little more courageous she could totally escape by herself. But who is she? In the intro she "formed" kind of like the shadows do when Ico looked at the cage (I recognized her shape, the second time watching). Who is she?

Two of the three men in the intro have horns too. Weird.

That's enough questions. I do hope at least some of them will be answered in the end. Talk to you tomorrow/later.

(*) Blowing up the watertower and it "luckily" falling the right way was an exception.

hiandbye95
5 years ago#9
Ooh, thought of two more things I wanted to say:

1. All these swords lying around everywhere.. they make mine way less special. :/
Still, I double-check to make sure I keep the sword that I got in the East Reflector building.

2. I also make sure to swap my sword with the wooden sticks that are lying on the floor. Because if you swap with those leaning on a wall, Ico leans the sword against the wall with the blade resting against the floor! Who would do that?! Seriously, my OCD kicks in when I see that. Why would you do that?!

hiandbye95
5 years ago#10
There a German saying stating that you should stop doing something/leave the party when it's at its best. (Man soll aufhören/gehen, wenn's am schönsten ist.)

While I feel that this saying is mostly faulty, that's what I did after the gate opened, so I could get some "live reactions" in here as I progress.

Man the game is really trolling me, there actually is a bridge.
What awaits us on the other side tough? The only thing I can think of is the Queen. And I don't want to meet her again.
She kind of feels like... If I had a girlfriend and her mother had ordered me never to see her daughter again - but then we met anyway. You know?

And - oh no - Yorda! She seems really ill. I'm afraid for her!

Man, this is really suspenseful, but I'll have to wait until I have time to play, which should be sometime around next week.
  1. Boards
  2. ICO
  3. Still playing for the first time.
  • Topic Archived