• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. ICO
  3. Strange Glitch

User Info: MisterMarioMan

MisterMarioMan
5 years ago#1
Hi all,

I'm having a problem with Ico where, when I die, I cannot select an option on the game over screen. I can select between yes and no when prompted to continue, but cannot select either option. I've not been able to find any info on this. It hasn't been a big problem (I've simply restarted my PS2) but I'm not going to be able to finish the last sequence without being able to continue, I just don't have the patience for it.

Any advice?
http://www.backloggery.com/mistermarioman
^^^ My Backloggery. Add me as a friend if you wish.

User Info: hiandbye95

hiandbye95
5 years ago#2
This is a terrible answer, you may want to hit me right now... but sometimes it could be as simple as this: Are you pressing the right button? I think X is the only button that works on this screen.
*ducks away* Don't get mad!

Other suggestions: Try pressing every shoulder button and Start and Select on that screen: On some games this is the combination to reset to the main menu. Don't know if that's the case with ICO.

Furthermore: If you can tell you are going to die (e.g. when falling it's easy to tell): Press Start and choose to end the game to get to the main menu before you actually die.

User Info: MisterMarioMan

MisterMarioMan
5 years ago#3
hiandbye95 posted...
Furthermore: If you can tell you are going to die (e.g. when falling it's easy to tell): Press Start and choose to end the game to get to the main menu before you actually die.

That's actually a pretty good workaround for now, thanks for the idea!
http://www.backloggery.com/mistermarioman
^^^ My Backloggery. Add me as a friend if you wish.

User Info: Pyrella

Pyrella
5 years ago#4
hiandbye95 posted...

That's what I do everytime Yorda yelps (when I leave her alone for too long).
I think the spreading darkness with that sound is sooooo creepy so I rather not hear and see it ^^
Playing (PS2): GTA San Andreas ~ Final Fantasy VII ~ Peter Jacksons King Kongo ~ Red Dead Revolver
  1. Boards
  2. ICO
  3. Strange Glitch
  • Topic Archived