• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Eternal Champions
  3. So, who's your favourite character is this amazing, underrated game!

User Info: DEATHSCHILD

DEATHSCHILD
10 years ago#381
"Yappy (dog) - Here's the mistaken 'point match' one. In Single Player tournament Mode, choose Expert Survivor (remember you can do some tournaments in singly player, such as how Hooter is unlocked). You have to beat somewhere around 8 - 10 opponents with more than 300 points per match (kills like Vendettas give 150 for help)."

^^ Check
I must have misread what you wrote Psylisia for this unlock.. As for some unknown reason I thought you had to get past all the characters with 300 points.. lol But getting 11 wins with around 3200 points isn't too bad..

And I think as long as you get what would amount to 300 points x the 8 or 10 characters, you're good?.. As for one of my fights, I did not get 300 points.. But after I got beat (by Thanatos, add to that he got an Overkill on me as well.. LMAO), I had noticed Yappy was unlocked.. And might I add.. What a STUPID character.. I've only found one move for him..
________

Alright Glo, I'm working on unlocking my boy (who has my initials) the DC....

Is it just me? Or is the Dark Champion not one of the most coolest bosses ever!? Seriously, he always has his arms crossed, cept for when he needs to snap them or send you to your death.. He's just a bad-ass!

User Info: glopesci1

glopesci1
10 years ago#382
I would agree. I just hate that they left out some of his cooler moves when you play as him!! For the life of me I don't understand why? He doesn't have that many when you play with him but leaving out the quicksand and earthquake moves is unforgivable....oh well at least they left the rockslide and fire from above moves in. Yeah!!

User Info: Psylisia

Psylisia
10 years ago#383
Regarding unlocking Yappy, I'm thinking perhaps the actual numbers might've been a total of say 3000 points (hence why you have to average 300 a match) before you lose, which will take somewhere near 10 matches depending on your scores. Seems like a number to shoot for.

Regarding the DC, heh, maybe they ran out of room on the disc for his playable version after all the other secret characters, and just couldn't make a DC1 and DC2 to have every form available (unlike the EC who has 9 in Warrior/Champion difficulties, DC only has 8).

Either that or maybe the moves were too cheap to give to a playable version. Then again, the EC has his ridiculous invincibility base move...but so does Shadow. *shrug*

DEATHSCHILD
10 years ago#384
Well I think Sega wasted their time with putting in the animals.. It was a 'cute' gimmick, but nothing more.. I would have focused more on improving other parts of the game..

So am I the only one who likes using Slash?
Quite a few of his moves do good damage.. *cough* Running Head Butt *cough*.. And a few of his jumping attacks also have excellent priority and range (like his jumping B).

Actually, I like all or 95% of the cast, but some characters like Jetta, who has some of the best mix-ups in the game, are just too fun beating your opponents with..

I'm liking Shadow more as well..
1) - Her Smoke Screen is one of her better moves. Very good for playing mind games with your opponent..
2) - She also has a good variety of projectile attacks.. At which you can kinda play like Guile in SF, by tossing out a slow Shuriken, and following it up with the Smoke Screen (right next to them)....
3) - Not to mention, when doing either jumping forward or backwards, by pressing A, she'll do another jump, kinda like an evade..
4) - And yes, her Shadow mode is good as well, but is only so good, as there are many ways to avoid her. But I find her Smoke Screen more annoying between the two..
________

Maybe there are some motions for some of Dark Champion's, other forms (?).. Granted each of the EC's forms, had only 2 moves.. And it looks as though the DC is kinda the same way, with only 2 moves per element..
- But yeah, his Quicksand form is too cool..

And his Ice-Form (I think that's the one I'm thinking of ??), The one where he'll turn his body a blue-ish color, and if he touches you, or if you touch him, you'll be Frozen for a few seconds.. And I think if he's in this mode, even if if you freeze him, and try and combo him, you'll get frozen..
________

Did you get my email Glo?

User Info: bleachwad

bleachwad
10 years ago#385
I should try this game again, it's been months since I last played
GameFAQs is like a time machine...
back to 1930's Germany...under Fascist control

DEATHSCHILD
10 years ago#386
Do you know if you have to beat the game, when trying to unlock the DC?
Or do you just have to get a Vendetta on all of your opponents? This of course excluding the DC and EC..

As I can get like all but 2 vendetta's, with one of the missing V's, being a Sudden Death instead..

Anyone like using Ramses II?

DEATHSCHILD
10 years ago#387
Sorry, meant Ramses III.

And did anyone else that this topic is over 3 yrs old?.. LMAO

User Info: CreatureSH_II

CreatureSH_II
10 years ago#388
I always liked Ramses for the irony that the reason he needs to live on for is his utter incompetence to destroy his beloved homeland.

Wooah, Mommy ! You made that I-see-monkey-eat-blue-pineapples sandwich again !

bleachwad
10 years ago#389
I mentioned the topic being 3 years and 3 days old on a post I made on Nov. 6th

bleachwad
10 years ago#390
EC is underrated, just like the title of the topic states, hopefully the VC gave the game much more attention to new audiences...
  1. Boards
  2. Eternal Champions
  3. So, who's your favourite character is this amazing, underrated game!
  • Topic Archived