• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Eternal Champions
  3. So, who's your favourite character is this amazing, underrated game!

User Info: DEATHSCHILD

DEATHSCHILD
10 years ago#371
Alright, I meant in single player in Duel mode..

"Slither (snake) - Ok, this one's looooooong winded. In Single Player tourney mode, choose Dominator. Set matches for 3 out of 5. Set characters per player to 13. Set win condition to 9. In other words it's extremely long. Win the tournament to unlock
him."

Check!

Thanks for the much valuable info on unlocking the hidden characters Psylisia!

So aside from Jetta.. Who else do you like using.. Or who are some of the characters you like?

I'm starting to like the Senator and Chin Wo..

User Info: glopesci1

glopesci1
10 years ago#372
You just now starting to like the Senator? He is one of the most balanced characters in the game!! I am not just saying that because he is like my boy Larcen. His moves are really nice. Think his finisher was a bit of a cop out but can't win them all. I like Chin Wo too. That drunken monkey he does is priceless!! HAHAHHA

User Info: Psylisia

Psylisia
10 years ago#373
Np ^^

Hm, other than Jetta (who's by far my fave), always liked to use Riptide and Thanatos, after that probably Trident or Midknight.

DEATHSCHILD
10 years ago#374
I like Larcen, but I never really used him that much..
________

I'm glad Sega designed Riptide as a female pirate.. Granted her Sea Legs move is pointless to use against the cpu, it is one of her more annoying moves.. I'm not going to go into any strats I have with her, but she is a very well rounded character.. Plus I like how you can do 2 of her Eagle Talon moves consecutively in a combo.
________

About Chin Wo - Man, this guy can truly be the most annoying character in CftDS.. Or the top Tier in CftDS.
A good portion his moves have very little recovery time (Wheel of Steelwater)..

He has 3 moves that stun, dizzy and freeze your opponents.. 2 of these moves are very fast, which are excellent for counterattacking, with his Poison Cloud being the better of the 2 (as that will dizzy, and is a Special move, and not a skill)..

Add to this, his Aura of Life, not only shoots a projectile, but will give him 10% of his life back..

And my favorite move of his: Iron Monkey.. All attacks on him do about half or less of damage....
-It's a shame really that Midknights Manifest wasn't more like this move!!!! As that only lets the next single hit do half the damage, making the move kinda.... worthless. But on the plus side, when you're performing his manifest, all (or most) attacks will go through him (the same with Jetta's Phase, and I think in a couple of the EC's moves that are like this as well).

His jumping B, beats out a good portion of other jumping attacks..

User Info: glopesci1

glopesci1
10 years ago#375
DEATH' I hit you up on youtube...did you get it?? Get back at me!!

DEATHSCHILD
10 years ago#376
I got it.. I sent you a friend invite on youtube, and an email..

Let me know it you received my email.. If not, I'll send you a message on YT..

User Info: bleachwad

bleachwad
10 years ago#377
if you guys are interested, I am also on YouTube under the same name, I recently uploaded some of my SSBB 2 vs. 2 matches
GameFAQs is like a time machine...
back to 1930's Germany...under Fascist control

bleachwad
10 years ago#378
if there was a sequel, what kind of character archetypes would be used for the new characters? 1 and 2 had so many, a cyborg, ninja, pirate, cat burglar, there are many possibilities

DEATHSCHILD
10 years ago#379
From what can recall bleachwad, from what I read in an interview with the main producer: Michael Latham.. The 3rd chapter was going to introduce the Infernals, who were the people who killed the main cast in the series..

I think it would have (and still would be) neat to have seen this chapter.. As while the sequel is broken (as far as infinites are concerned), it was a vast improvement in most if not all areas..

So sad it is, this clip shows the silhouettes of some of the infernals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubfaR4lT0JU&feature=channel_page

And here is the awesome ending:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfHdQM6oXD0&feature=related

bleachwad
10 years ago#380
aww man, that sounds cool, to play as the people who killed the main people we're familiar with, they would probably still be identical(appearance wise) to the previous games' cast but it would still have been interesting to see
  1. Boards
  2. Eternal Champions
  3. So, who's your favourite character is this amazing, underrated game!
  • Topic Archived