• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Eternal Champions
  3. So, who's your favourite character is this amazing, underrated game!

User Info: __Ryu__

__Ryu__
10 years ago#361
Cool! I'll try that. Thanks!

User Info: bleachwad

bleachwad
10 years ago#362
no problemo
GameFAQs is like a time machine...
back to 1930's Germany...under Fascist control

bleachwad
10 years ago#363
I said it before, I'll say it again, this game needs a sequel, more fighters, more moves, more blood

User Info: CreatureSH_II

CreatureSH_II
10 years ago#364
Could do without more blood. More other more is very much in demand, though, yes.
Wooah, Mommy ! You made that I-see-monkey-eat-blue-pineapples sandwich again !

User Info: DEATHSCHILD

DEATHSCHILD
10 years ago#365
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

DEATHSCHILD
10 years ago#366
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

DEATHSCHILD
10 years ago#367
"Three characters can be unlocked simply by playing a lot of matches (meaning 100, 200 and 300). I THINK these three were Crispy (chicken), Chin Wo and Blast."

^^ Check.. And if I'm not mistaken, it goes in this order:
100 - Crispy
200 - Blast
300 - Chin Wo

"Senator is unlocked by winning every match in Neophyte difficulty via time over. This doesn't count the EC as his timer is frozen, so you have to actually beat him (DC doesn't show up in Neophyte difficulty)"

^^ Check

"Thanatos is unlocked by performing a Vendetta on Xavier. I THINK you have to do this on Champion difficulty."

^^ Check - I unlocked him on Champion, never really tried on any other difficulty..

"Dark Champion is unlocked by performing a Vendetta on EVERY non-boss fight. I'm slightly unsure on this one, it might have to be done on Champion diff, or it might just have to be any 'kill' on each match."

^^ Have not tried this yet.. Or I have, but have not been able to get one of the kills on every opponent.. Still trying..

"Zuni (monkey) requires you to first unlock Chin Wo. I'm really unsure on this one, but I think you have to do a practice match against the computer at top difficulty, select Chin Wo for the computer, set the background to '2P' (hence, it brings up Chin Wo's background) and then perform a Sudden Death on him."

^^ Check

"For sure, one unlock involves playing a Double Elimination tournament in 1P mode, losing your first match, and then going on to win the entire tournament. It probably also needs the maximum # of characters in the tourney, but don't quote me on that."

^^ Check - I did this and unlocked Hooter

"The other I just can't recall the details of, but it had something to do with getting a very high score in the 'Point Match' (?) tournament."

^^ I'm not sure about this one, as Point Match is on 2p and multi player tourney modes.. I thought most (or all) of the unlocks were on 1 player mode? Be it in tournament, vs or just playing through the game..

I've played the 1p mode like this, where you gain points.. But when I got to 1000 points, the game was over or finished.. It was a while ago that I did this.. And I'm not sure if you need any other requirements (like with unlocking Zuni)?..

I'm also going to look through all of my gaming magazines to see if they had any non-code info for unlocking the hidden characters..

bleachwad
10 years ago#368
yikes they really wanted the players to spend a lot of time playing to get these dudes, and some players cannot even save them!

User Info: Psylisia

Psylisia
10 years ago#369
Ok, found the old methods I think from an old magazine. I haven't had a chance to test them out yet though. I'll try to fill in the gaps from above.

Dark Champion - play on Champion difficulty for the Contest, finish off every non-boss match with either a Vendetta or Cinekill. I'd probably recommend using Trident for this to abuse his Plasma Ball's stun for Vendettas.

Eternal Champion 1&2 - this one I'm still not sure of totally. I think it has to do with simply beating the game with all or at least most of the normal (non-secret) characters. Not sure if difficulty fits into this.

Yappy (dog) - Here's the mistaken 'point match' one. In Single Player tournament Mode, choose Expert Survivor (remember you can do some tournaments in singly player, such as how Hooter is unlocked). You have to beat somewhere around 8 - 10 opponents with more than 300 points per match (kills like Vendettas give 150 for help).

Slither (snake) - Ok, this one's looooooong winded. In Single Player tourney mode, choose Dominator. Set matches for 3 out of 5. Set characters per player to 13. Set win condition to 9. In other words it's extremely long. Win the tournament to unlock him.

I can see why no one remembered how to do Slither, cause that's a nasty/obscure unlock. <:

DEATHSCHILD
10 years ago#370
Very nice Psylisia!

I'll try those as well.. I'm not to worried though, as pretty much everything that you wrote about unlocking the hidden characters was right..

And I'm pretty sure unlocking the EC's, is just by beating the game with a certain amount of the main 13 characters.. As there are about 2/5 (if even that) of them who I still have to beat the game with.. And I have EC unlocked..
________

Ever notice that when you play in 1P VS mode, and if the cpu knocks you dizzy.. They'll always perform a vendetta on you! Always! LMAO

When EC 1st came out.. Did anyone try playing it on that Activator? (I think that's what it was called?).
  1. Boards
  2. Eternal Champions
  3. So, who's your favourite character is this amazing, underrated game!
  • Topic Archived