• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Eternal Champions
  3. So, who's your favourite character is this amazing, underrated game!

User Info: CreatureSH_II

CreatureSH_II
13 years ago#11
Your family used to rock, man.
No-one screws with Tony Capettimoonravenwindsongfire.

User Info: ApolloCreed

ApolloCreed
13 years ago#12
Favorite? I dunno, this game was really amazing to me and i'm surprised that other fighting game franchises (some of which are still around) made it so far while this one fell into obscurity.. I mean the premise alone is far superior to average fighting game, I mean these character were actually fighting for something.

*currently considering changing names to "King of all Sarcasm"*

User Info: Tortoise262

Tortoise262
13 years ago#13
Yeah, this game definitely has way better plot. Each character his his own background story and ending. And ::whistles::, the premise of it all. I mean, what story does Street Fighter have? "Fight everyone you can to be the most awesome fighter in the world!" (I might be wrong about that, but that's what I thought anyways)
http://www.homestarrunner.com/thecheatmeetstortoise262.html
"I do not have to destroy, because I do not fear." ~Master Mould

User Info: smashsmash

smashsmash
13 years ago#14
RAX ROX!
It's not how old you are,but how old you feel.

User Info: smashsmash

smashsmash
13 years ago#15
^^^
Sorry, how cheesy can a guy be?
It's not how old you are,but how old you feel.

User Info: Lord_Shadow_19

Lord_Shadow_19
13 years ago#16
Yeah, this game definitely has way better plot. Each character his his own background story and ending. And ::whistles::, the premise of it all. I mean, what story does Street Fighter have? "Fight everyone you can to be the most awesome fighter in the world!" (I might be wrong about that, but that's what I thought anyways)

Well Street Fighter 2 was a world tournament with characters who got involved for a variety of reasons, whether it was to practice, personal glory, or getting to Bison.

Street Fighter Alpha 3 was the best in terms of story though, it was by far the most developed, and the plot was just overall better. It wasn't a tournament, it was just all the established characters following their own agenda. Each character only fought a few others, the rest of the fights are just for gameplay purposes.

Read the Street Fighter faq, it's quite a good read.
"What is a man??!! A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!!!" - Dracula

User Info: DEATHSCHILD

DEATHSCHILD
13 years ago#17
Well Street Fighter 2 was a world tournament with characters who got involved for a variety of reasons, whether it was to practice, personal glory, or getting to Bison.

Street Fighter Alpha 3 was the best in terms of story though, it was by far the most developed, and the plot was just overall better. It wasn't a tournament, it was just all the established characters following their own agenda. Each character only fought a few others, the rest of the fights are just for gameplay purposes.

Read the Street Fighter faq, it's quite a good read.

It's not a bad FAQ? But if you remember Art of Fighting's story did not take place in a tournament setting either, and it was unique (and original) seeing Robert in his Ferrari driving from scene to scene as you slowly began to dwell into your past of the unknown, and then having to wait until pt2 to find out that Mr Karate was your father (who you almost kill).

As for SFA3 being the most developed story? That's your opinion.

User Info: OasisWanderer

OasisWanderer
13 years ago#18
"Me: Trident and Xavier
Mom: Slash
Oldest sister: Jetta
Older sister: Xavier
Brother: Midknight
Dad: Larcen
Uncle: Blade
Older Cousin: Rax
Oldest Cousin: Rax"

Wow, your family was awesome. I wish mine was like that...the thought of my parents playing this game is hilarious.

So who was the champion in these bouts? I'm guessing that your brother was, for some odd reason.

User Info: Mister_Sinister

Mister_Sinister
13 years ago#19
My favourite character was always Xavier, although I couldn't play with him for beans !! I was lethal with Slash, and Midnight and Jetta would have had to have taken next seat together ...

!?!?! Mister Sinister !?!?!

User Info: sweetsourpork

sweetsourpork
13 years ago#20
i ruled w/ midknight (great bio) jetta (great acrobatics) and slash ( great bludgeoner). never did a fatality tho. haven't played this game for a decade but i'll never forget it... ;_;
  1. Boards
  2. Eternal Champions
  3. So, who's your favourite character is this amazing, underrated game!
  • Topic Archived