• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Metroid Dread
  3. How is Hard difficulty?
TheSwordSaint 1 month ago#1
Never played Hard on a Metroid game before, is it double damage to Samus only or double health pools to enemies too?
Hesitation is defeat.
Philip027 1 month ago#2
Just doubled damage to you, same as in Samus Returns.
TheSwordSaint 1 month ago#3
Philip027 posted...
Just doubled damage to you, same as in Samus Returns.
That's not so bad given the movement in this game, thanks!
Hesitation is defeat.
KCGemini 1 month ago#4
It would have been so much better if it changed up enemy AI or even created alternate pathing.
Purification in progress...
https://i.imgur.com/8Zp8mR4.png
Gotta_Be_Blue 1 month ago#5
What about a hard mode that removes checkpoints? You die, you go back to the last save.

As it is, hard mode is barely anything. You can make fewer mistakes in boss battles, and that's about it. Boring.
DELFON 1 month ago#6
Gotta_Be_Blue posted...
What about a hard mode that removes checkpoints? You die, you go back to the last save.
That would have been fantastic. Alas the only thing we can do is manually quit from the game over screen and THEN load the save
Just my two cents.
Philip027 1 month ago#7
Ehh, checkpoint removal doesn't really make for a harder experience, just a more tedious one. A lot of game developers can't always tell the difference
Rockman2019 1 month ago#8
Gotta_Be_Blue posted...

As it is, hard mode is barely anything. You can make fewer mistakes in boss battles, and that's about it. Boring.
Permadeath.

I do that manually by if I die the file gets deleted & I start a New Game.

I do that for all Metroid games, Zelda Games, & Mario Games.

(Not Mario Maker because of F-ing troll levels made by people who do pick a path levels because "Hurrr Hurr Hur I got em & there was nothing that they could do to have known which path to take I'm the best troll maker ever Hurrr Hurr Hur". Those people should be banned from Mario Maker games. I don't mind obscure mechanics & glitches but Pick a Path is stupid.
(edited 1 month ago)
Atreides27 1 month ago#9
Honestly not that bad at all. More punishing sure, but I barely noticed a difference and only was 30 minutes over the 4 hour mark.
Sometimes I'm joking, sometimes not.
Probably joking tho.
I just beat it last night for the first time and finished in like 3:20. There were a few times I had to stop and heal as I would just run through some enemies rather than fight but that’s about it. Once you have the boss patterns down well enough it’s not that much harder than normal. All the deaths from bosses I had were me making dumb mistakes.
  1. Boards
  2. Metroid Dread
  3. How is Hard difficulty?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A