• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Metroid Dread
  3. Game is too hard. Makes it unfun.

User Info: NeonDragon9000

NeonDragon9000
1 month ago#1
I died 14 times to the first boss. At least 20 times to Kraid (second boss). Enemies do too much damage, and there are too many areas early on that drain your health (superheated areas). I'm good at gaming, I've beaten "I Wanna Be The Guy," but this isn't right. You shouldn't put the hardest parts of the game so early on, it needs to be about halfway through. Yes, the game is hard throughout, but by the end, you've got so many more options on how you approach things.
nd9k: everything i post is terrible

User Info: Hero3ziz

Hero3ziz
1 month ago#2
Easier than Fusion imo.
I swear I'm not insane. Yeah, most likely not insane.

User Info: YveItaI

YveItaI
1 month ago#3
You died 14 times to the first boss, really?
http://abload.de/img/seinfeld-kart-finallkaaz.gif
ACNH Dream Address: DA-4954-1897-5940 Come visit Hootpelago!

NeonDragon9000
1 month ago#4
Hero3ziz posted...
Easier than Fusion imo.
Fusion had good balance, though. It got hard around the midpoint when you needed to defeat the Main Deck spider and then Nightmare. That midpoint stretch was a significant step up, and was well done. It's nice to see Dread offer some real challenge, but when even the earliest enemies can kill you in a few hits, it doesn't make the game fun.

NeonDragon9000
1 month ago#5
YveItaI posted...
You died 14 times to the first boss, really?
Yes. I got a little better every time, but what really hurt was I couldn't get the QTE to trigger. The one time I did it, no idea how. Just kept mashing X and somehow got lucky.

User Info: DiogenesKC

DiogenesKC
1 month ago#6
NeonDragon9000 posted...
I've beaten "I Wanna Be The Guy,"
if you've beaten a game that's designed to be as maliciously ballbusting as possible you really shouldn't have much trouble with this. it's tough, sure, but everything is learnable.
Welcome to the world of idiots.

User Info: Crocadilian

Crocadilian
1 month ago#7
Pay close attention to the enemy patterns, they Telegraph every attack, and every attack can be evaded. If you are having trouble with a boss, just slow down and study their pattern. Once you get their pattern, the timing of everything is pretty simple.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: YveItaI

YveItaI
1 month ago#8
NeonDragon9000 posted...
Yes. I got a little better every time, but what really hurt was I couldn't get the QTE to trigger. The one time I did it, no idea how. Just kept mashing X and somehow got lucky.
Aside from the Emmi QTEs, every other one is able to be reacted to, spamming hurts more than it helps here. The boss had pretty easy tells for what attack it was initiating and isn't so fast to the point of being cheap or anything. The only reason I'm surprised is because I had handful of deaths versus all the other bosses, while the first one felt way easier than the rest.
http://abload.de/img/seinfeld-kart-finallkaaz.gif
ACNH Dream Address: DA-4954-1897-5940 Come visit Hootpelago!

User Info: Meecho

Meecho
1 month ago#9
You died 14 times to the first boss? I beat the first boss on my first try and I am generally terrible at video games.

I can’t play the souls games because I hate the punishing difficulty. I think you just need to learn the enemies patterns instead of trying to spam attack.
I'm not just known. I'm influential.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Yoshiblue4

Yoshiblue4
1 month ago#10
To me this game had the ideal difficulty. I feel like a lot of games (not Metroid, just games in general) in the last couple of generations were a tad easier than I had hoped for.
  1. Boards
  2. Metroid Dread
  3. Game is too hard. Makes it unfun.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A