• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Arise
  3. Really not liking not being able to enter any buildings.

User Info: The3rdMario

The3rdMario
1 week ago#1
With the exception of one place, the town I'm in has no enterable buildings? Kinda takes the fun out of coming in to a new town in my opinion. Anyone else feel the same?
Originality is overrated. Execution is of higher concern.

User Info: Number090684

Number090684
1 week ago#2
I agree. This is bulls*** considering you could enter various buildings in older Tales games on weaker hardware. Arise isn't really next gen in the slightest. What a disappointment of a game that was supposed to "revive" the series.

User Info: Daredrummer

Daredrummer
1 week ago#3
Number090684 posted...
I agree. This is bulls*** considering you could enter various buildings in older Tales games on weaker hardware. Arise isn't really next gen in the slightest. What a disappointment of a game that was supposed to "revive" the series.
It really does seem dated in ways.

User Info: BeezusHrist

BeezusHrist
1 week ago#4
I am guessing this is your first Tales game. If you want that level of attention to detail in your rpg, you're going to have to play games like Divinity Original Sin 2. Japanese devs don't really make REAL rpgs, they make linear, structured experiences with very little intractability in their game worlds. I love Jrpgs, but having played more western rpgs I've messed out on in these last few years I've got to say jrpgs are inferior.

The ONE jrpg that tries to make a real rpg experience akin to the western experience is the Saga franchise which is why I wish Square-Enix would give its creator more money to make a traditional jrpg but with Saga elements.

They tried with Last Remnant (It is a Saga game) on the Xbox 360 years ago, but development was rushed and ultimately the creator's vision was not able to be fully carried out, and they also were using a game engine they were familiar with so there are load of technical issues with the game when it first came out. One battle on Xbox 360 might take 20-30 minutes because of fps drops LOL...

Anyway, I hope Japanese developers looked at the Crpg Genre and tried to tailor their games more in the line of those.
No Gods or Kings; Only man...

User Info: Valkenhyne

Valkenhyne
1 week ago#5
What's the point of entering buildings if there's nothing to do in them

User Info: levyjl1988

levyjl1988
1 week ago#6
Valkenhyne posted...

this.
Makes sense in reality you just don’t wander into other people’s homes. You walk and enter public spaces.
I hate games with bad game design

User Info: Wasabi_Syn

Wasabi_Syn
1 week ago#7
Valkenhyne posted...
So much this. Sure, I love open exploration. But there's a limit to how much I want to waste my time looking around for nothing in return.
PSN & NNID: WasabiSyn
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5580-8486-4216

User Info: Snakebone99

Snakebone99
1 week ago#8
What's this complaint? Have you ever played a Tales game before?

User Info: HoneyBunnyD

HoneyBunnyD
1 week ago#9
I think someone misses breaking other people's pots and rifling through drawers. I'm not going to lie though, stealing someones family heirloom from under their bed while I'm passing through is a RPG weakness of mine.

User Info: YHWH_Saves

YHWH_Saves
1 week ago#10
I hope this isn't true throughout the game.

Building interiors are a must in JRPGs, in my opinion.

"Man will not live off of bread alone, but by every word proceeding through the mouth of God."
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Arise
  3. Really not liking not being able to enter any buildings.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A