• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pac-Man 99
  3. How do you get KOs?

User Info: BloodPuppetX

BloodPuppetX
6 days ago#1
Would like to know when somebody figures this out. This developer never puts any tutorials in their games to explain things. I know that eating ghosts sends something to the opponents, but I can’t tell what. I’ve seen some invisible PAC-Mans on my screen but can’t tell if they’re doing anything.
Oh? Who are you, Mr. Bunny? This world is like the real world, but evil has twisted it.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: VaultBoy2319

VaultBoy2319
6 days ago#2
It looks to me like you send Pac Men to other screens, which slows your Pac Man down. I'm assuming you get credit for a KO if your Pac Men are responsible for a ghost kill.
Also I died to a red Pac Man when I hit 15th place
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be', said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'--Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

BloodPuppetX
6 days ago#3
VaultBoy2319 posted...
It looks to me like you send Pac Men to other screens, which slows your Pac Man down. I'm assuming you get credit for a KO if your Pac Men are responsible for a ghost kill.
Also I died to a red Pac Man when I hit 15th place

Thanks! I’ll play some more matches in a bit.
Oh? Who are you, Mr. Bunny? This world is like the real world, but evil has twisted it.

User Info: ryeu

ryeu
6 days ago#4
I hate how this game doesn't tell you more about how chains or how sending red pac man work. Or how different attack modes work.
My Youtube channel. Making new gaming content weekly!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBmLDAz80aC_T0lOruMKngA?view_as=subscriber

User Info: Eab1990

Eab1990
6 days ago#5
Anyone know the difference between Stronger and Train? Or if Speed has any downsides?
(edited 6 days ago)

BloodPuppetX
6 days ago#6
ryeu posted...
I hate how this game doesn't tell you more about how chains or how sending red pac man work. Or how different attack modes work.

Arika definitely should have included in-game manuals with their games. But they always force players to just figure everything out. I’d like to know how to send red PAC-Man as well. Maybe clearing more mazes does something?

BloodPuppetX
6 days ago#7
Eab1990 posted...
Anyone know the difference between Stronger and Train? Or if Speed has any downsides?

Maybe Train just sends more enemies? No clue, lol.

User Info: MARl0

MARl0
6 days ago#8
Yeah, I'd love to know the difference between the strategy modes as well. It seems that train at least converts way more of the small ghosts to the ghost train. Like if you grab 10 of them, 20 ghosts actually get added to the train.

I also don't know the difference between the targeting modes. Like what does hunter focus on?
Currently playing: Monster Hunter Rise (Switch) / Dark Souls III (PS4)

User Info: Eab1990

Eab1990
6 days ago#9
I assume Hunter is the Badges equivalent of Tetris 99. Aims for the player with the highest multiplier. AKA not something you want to pick unless you know that player is almost dead (or it's near the end of the game and you don't have many targeting options left). If you pick that option unprepared, you typically paint yourself as an attacker waiting to get hard-countered.

Anyway, I *think* Stronger is a double-edged sword. I've noticed grabbing power pellets while it's active drastically shortens the time that ghosts turn blue. I imagine it's the better option if Train isn't an option, but I feel like it screws me over more often than not.

But that raises the question if it's safe to pick Stronger after picking up the power pellet.

BloodPuppetX
6 days ago#10
Yeah, you can do that. You can use train to get more ghosts and then switch to Stronger, and it doesn’t shorten the duration of the vulnerability. I find that I play better by just keeping it on Standard and Random, though. Just got 2nd with 6 KOs playing that way. Seems to be a good idea to get the fruit a lot to reset the board, rather than clear mazes. I read that doing the latter gets you a speed bonus but not sure.
  1. Boards
  2. Pac-Man 99
  3. How do you get KOs?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A