• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. UnderMine
  3. Beat it. - Tips
Alastor-10 9 months ago#1
It was a bit of a slog.
Recommend investing heavily into the food shop, long range damage, food improvement, health and I guess the initial blessing.
There is a very steep rise in difficulty in the third level.
Enemies all get pretty dangerous with poison, fire and contact damage. The room layout can be a bigger threat than the enemies if they manage to get in close and gang-up on you with traps all around you. You're better off staying away from everything, kiting enemies and using the terrain to your advantage. Luckily there are a lot of items that improve your long range. It will not be as good as the melee but its not worth the risk of taking 50-70 damage per hit when healing items only heal you 30-45 with max upgrade.
I switched to the cardinal familiar as I found the library. it helps very much. Only found one other familiar my entire play-through.
I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.
thaflu 5 months ago#2
Thank you for this.
kyton007 4 months ago#3
Do you suggest start every run from floor 1 or is better to go to floor 3 or more once you have it unlocked to progress?

I manage to reach floor 2, just reach floor 3 once and beat the boss of floor 2 cause at first attemp cause i have ricochet boomerang i guess (well is the pick axe but seems like a boomerang, you know what i mean xD)

Only in that run i reach like 13 or 14k gold... but for other runs i barely reach 4k or 5k if it goes well. Wich barely let me upgarde more things with that gold. So i dont know what is better, going from floor 1 and reach floor 3 almost dead or start in floor 3.
PSN ID ~ Militoo / Switch FC ~ SW-7298-6789-2090
HADES GOTY. Man of culture.
Alastor-10 4 months ago#4
I would recommend skipping the early levels. Since you get a number of perks right off the hop, you enter the newer stages at FULL health, and get more gold in later levels.
Unless you missed something in an earlier stage I don't think there is much benefit/point to redoing those levels. Also the actual battle experience of newer levels helps so that you get used to the new enemies.
This game is heavy on survival and is very punishing for even simple mistakes. You always want to be as close to tiptop condition because it is for easy for one room to strip you of half your health.
Don't even bother with curses.
I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.
  1. Boards
  2. UnderMine
  3. Beat it. - Tips
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A