• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade
  3. Which mode are you playing? Graphics or performance?

User Info: WeaponHex1638

WeaponHex1638
2 weeks ago#1
Graphics mode or Performance mode?

I switch between the two modes, graphics when exploring and performance in battles. Also that last poll selection was supposed to be, “I switch between the two modes while playing”
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Axel_Justice

Axel_Justice
2 weeks ago#2
As with nearly every game I'll start on graphics mode, wonder what 60fps looks like so I'll switch to performance and then hate the feeling of 30fps so I'll play the whole thing on performance
Convinced we're all alts for just one user

User Info: oracleofire

oracleofire
2 weeks ago#3
I wonder what the actual technical specifics are between the two.
It's a Zelda reference.

User Info: Axel_Justice

Axel_Justice
2 weeks ago#4
oracleofire posted...
I wonder what the actual technical specifics are between the two.

I think I saw that graphics mode was 30fps and 4k, performance is 60fps and 1600p

I think that's what I read
Convinced we're all alts for just one user

User Info: King_Z

King_Z
2 weeks ago#5
Graphics. I’m FPS-blind and very non-visuals-blind. No brainer.
Romans 10:9
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: WeaponHex1638

WeaponHex1638
2 weeks ago#6
Axel_Justice posted...
I think I saw that graphics mode was 30fps and 4k, performance is 60fps and 1600p

I read that it’s capped at 1440p. I could be wrong though.

User Info: MadDewg

MadDewg
2 weeks ago#7
I'm never going to bother touching the graphics mode. The first thing I did when I booted up the PS5 version was chapter 1 off a fresh normal save to get a feel for 60 fps. After the scorpion sentinel battle, it def. feels like the game was always meant to be 60 fps....felt pretty good, lol.
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg NNID:xMadDoggx I bet my left nut on bloodstained ritual of the night being awesome...I like my left nut IGA, come through for me.

User Info: dataDynosaur

dataDynosaur
2 weeks ago#8
l don't want to be "that guy", but it's a bad sign that games are having trouble doing 4K/60 this early into the PS5's lifecycle.
It's a shpadoinkle day.

User Info: The3rdMario

The3rdMario
2 weeks ago#9
Usually I enjoy graphics mode if given the option, but I'm going with performance here. The textures are much improved over the PS4 version, but still a little inconsistent. The lower resolution of performance mode actually helps mask this, and the anti-aliasing and smooth framerate really give it a more soft, CG-esque look.
Originality is overrated. Execution is of higher concern.

User Info: Ishagu

Ishagu
2 weeks ago#10
Performance is far better. I've tried both. There is no contest.

Both versions are visually superior to the ps4 version by quite a margin. The 60fps is the biggest upgrade.
You're not a serious gamer if you never game on a PC!!
-~Ishagu~-
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade
  3. Which mode are you playing? Graphics or performance?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A