• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter Rise
  3. How good are you at rolling through roars?

User Info: Nazdrovie

Nazdrovie
3 days ago#1
Insect Glaive users not allowed in this topic.

If you can't guard or counter them, then it's worth it to at least try and roll them, right? They're all the easier to dodge if you have Evade Window on your set, but it's still possible to successfully avoid the roar without it. So? Are you guys pro gamers?

I always get surprised every time I successfully dodge a roar lol. I'd guess my success rate for properly dodged roars is like 15%~25%-ish of the time? I get the timing, but it's tough to get it right.
GBF: Simugu - When the seikas of your kenkyuu are jitsu ni omoshiroi / MHRise: Hourensou - Cham Bow! Yay!!
If you see me, I'm procrastinating. Make me stop ;-;

User Info: GreatKiraLord

GreatKiraLord
3 days ago#2
Horrible. I am very bad at it. :(
Hi!

User Info: danmiy12

danmiy12
3 days ago#3
Very easy with slide beat and invincible frames from performance hh.
super mario maker 2 maker id:GFH-MCB-51H AC NH Dream address:DA-8686-0818-6844
Monster hunter HH Main 20k+ uses over 5 games/ switch fc SW-7322-5459-7505

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
3 days ago#4
They really need to give roars a visible shockwave. The main issue with rolling through roars is not knowing when you are supposed to roll, not the physical timing of roll.
I purchased BOTH a Playstation Vita AND a Nintendo Wii-U.

User Info: Exoskeleton78

Exoskeleton78
3 days ago#5
Rhiethreal posted...
They really need to give roars a visible shockwave. The main issue with rolling through roars is not knowing when you are supposed to roll, not the physical timing of roll.
Let’s petition for Training room to add ‘monster roar’ on top of Stomp and Projectile.
Learning Gunlance again with the new switch skills
Practicing parry with Lance Insta-Guard like Sekiro

User Info: Jevrath

Jevrath
3 days ago#6
Not the greatest, but I do nail it now and again.

User Info: roxlimn

roxlimn
3 days ago#7
Terrible. I just GP it. I can do that.

User Info: Deaga

Deaga
3 days ago#8
Not very good, I generally rely on Switch Charger for that.
Shameless self-plug for my MH speedrunning youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/DeASDFga
My Twitter if you're into that: https://twitter.com/DeagaDH

User Info: YoukaiSlayer

YoukaiSlayer
3 days ago#9
Pretty bad at it now since most weapons have counters so I'm used to those timings. Maybe like 1/3rd of the time I can get it? Even that might be optimistic. It's not a skill I really practice since everything seems to have counters now.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

User Info: SMT_Masochist

SMT_Masochist
3 days ago#10
The quick ones yeah...the ones with delays, nope. Also, I hop through them or counter. Me and 5 other people. 🥴
Games: MH Rise, P5S, Super Robot Wars V/T
PS/XB: ENDBOSS78 Nin: endBOSS
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter Rise
  3. How good are you at rolling through roars?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A