• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter Rise
  3. What controller are you using?

User Info: potatocharlie

potatocharlie
2 weeks ago#1
Rise demo felt pretty lousy on the joycons coming from World on PS4. Anybody can recommend a good controller, brand doesn't matter too much to me. Not looking to break the bank though. If I do get the game that's 60 plus whatever the controller might be.
Hi. I'm Potato Charlie.

User Info: euklb

euklb
2 weeks ago#2
Pro controller,

Once I got it I havent used the joy-cons in months.

If you dont want to fork out the money for a pro though you can get the "Power A" versions of them for a very good price. They seem to have good reviews.
Dam that sorcerer, 20 gold pieces and im wankered on rohypnol
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Lennon

Lennon
2 weeks ago#3
There's a way to use your PS4 controller on the Switch just in case you're interested in doing that. But if you're not, definitely go with the Switch Pro Controller

User Info: Kiutsu

Kiutsu
2 weeks ago#4
https://www.amazon.com/8Bitdo-SF30-Controller-Windows-macOS-Android/dp/B0748S3GXG?th=1

This is what i'm using. You can use it wireless aswell but it can take getting used to using a pad that's designed like the Snes if you have been using an xbox or ps4 pad for years.

I suggest not buying a cheap 3rd party controller for the switch because there's a possibility that updates for the switch will make the controller not function anymore or only partially so the manufactor has to keep their controllers updated. A lot of them are also no longer supported.

User Info: MadDewg

MadDewg
2 weeks ago#5
Just my old trusty switch pro controller that came with my smash ultimate.
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg NNID:xMadDoggx I bet my left nut on bloodstained ritual of the night being awesome...I like my left nut IGA, come through for me.

User Info: N-WGIX

N-WGIX
2 weeks ago#6
Pro Controller, been using it since Animal Crossing released.

User Info: potatocharlie

potatocharlie
2 weeks ago#7
Lennon posted...
There's a way to use your PS4 controller on the Switch just in case you're interested in doing that. But if you're not, definitely go with the Switch Pro Controller
Hey do you have a link or something to these instructions? Thanks!
Hi. I'm Potato Charlie.

User Info: Akubarix

Akubarix
2 weeks ago#8
potatocharlie posted...
Hey do you have a link or something to these instructions? Thanks!
look up 8bitdo adapter on amazon or google. It's $20. It's a good replacement for the one I was using.
Lao on the streets. Rajang in the sheets.
R.I.P. Chrome Razor. 2004-2018

User Info: link16hit

link16hit
2 weeks ago#9
WiiU Pro controller I got for like 2$... (a official), with magic NS.
I also play sometimes on my computer with a controller, so it's a win/win to me.
I'm using the joycons only because it allows me to aim better with the bowguns and the wirebugs due to motion controls.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter Rise
  3. What controller are you using?
  • Post New Message