• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Anime, Manga, VN, JRPG, Related Things Discussion Topic XCVII

User Info: YoukaiSlayer

YoukaiSlayer
1 month ago#41
Mushoku tensei is so damn good. I feel like besides maybe violet evergarden, it's the anime most helped by it's production quality. Good production always is great but here it's what allows them to really sell this fantasy world as a real place and that makes so much difference.

86 is also still great. Last episode of kingdom is about to air or at least, last episode for a while. I'll be sad to see it go but hopefully we get a 4th season before too long. World trigger season 3 also is fine so far. They haven't had any fights yet but they are just about to finally. It feels like the pacing is a bit slower than last season, perhaps a bit too slow.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
1 month ago#42
T0ffee posted...
Speaking of Mairimas***a Iruma-kun, I highly highly recommend reading it if you liked the original premise of MHA (a whole class of heroes and their interactions with each other and the world) before it just became the "Deku gets tortured and occasionally the author remembers it's supposed to be a school with classmates show"

It has a much more well written cast of characters, each one getting their own chance to shine, and more importantly also interact with the plot alongside the main character.

It's been on my radar for a while on its own merits.

keyblader1985 posted...
One thing about these conventions is that they have a way of reminding me of how alone I am. I do have several acquaintances that I know through cons, and the past couple years I've been going with family members. But I started out going alone, and nobody else could make it this time around. And I don't know those acquaintances well enough or see them often enough to really be friends. Contrary to popular belief, most (adult) con goers aren't alone or even single, so I can't help seeing a noticeable contrast between them and me.

I'm sure there are plenty of single con-goers. But yes, most adults have friends and people who attend cons often make them there (because while it isn't terribly hard to make friends, finding friends with the same interests can be tricky when those interests aren't sports-related).

YoukaiSlayer posted...
Mushoku tensei is so damn good. I feel like besides maybe violet evergarden, it's the anime most helped by it's production quality. Good production always is great but here it's what allows them to really sell this fantasy world as a real place and that makes so much difference.

I'm intrigued because it seems to be a (I guess LN spoilers? idk, it seems further past the anime) harem anime where the MC winds up with several characters, which is my favorite possible outcome and one of the things I liked about Renai Boukun/Love Tyrant, although that's just where it ends.
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.

YoukaiSlayer
1 month ago#43
Woohoo. Watched the last episode of kingdom S3 (which was good) and then saw that S4 just got announced for spring 2022. We don't have to wait 7 years again for another season.

Also I feel like xin has video game main character syndrome where his actual battlefield accomplishment should result in significantly higher rank and praise than he actually gets. Particularly this time, he should be a damn general.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

User Info: helIy

helIy
1 month ago#44
aw yeah pulled a mega-able frigimon
infinitely
ordinary

User Info: keyblader1985

keyblader1985
1 month ago#45
There was a J-Rock panel at the convention where I got some interesting recommendations. I thought Melon Batake A Go Go was cool; they're "a rockabilly idol group with a superhero sidekick theme."

https://youtu.be/ZnbOJLJjlUE

I also liked Daizystripper.
https://youtu.be/VQNgj9y8KoU
Official King of PotD
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai

User Info: dragon504

dragon504
1 month ago#46
YoukaiSlayer posted...
Woohoo. Watched the last episode of kingdom S3 (which was good) and then saw that S4 just got announced for spring 2022. We don't have to wait 7 years again for another season.

I should rewatch the first two seasons, so I can watch the third season. I remember it being great despite the janky ass cgi lol.

Finished s9 of my Supernatural rewatch, but I'm gonna have a brief interlude to rewatch the first season of Mushoku Tensei. Highly looking forward to its second second part, but will do my best to hold off until it ends.

YoukaiSlayer
1 month ago#47
dragon504 posted...
I should rewatch the first two seasons, so I can watch the third season. I remember it being great despite the janky ass cgi lol.
Yeah and S3 doesn't have jank cgi. Actually I don't think S2 has that much jank cgi, it's just really lazy animation with a lot of panning stills during battle. S3 is generally well produced though. Would be great if eventually they redid season 1 and 2 with good animation cause everything else is great once it starts for real (the first 15 episodes are whatever). I think kingdom might be favorite battle shonen. Hunter x hunter was my first place for a while but this is probably even better to me.

It's also refreshing to see war be a setting but NOT have the whole show talk about how awful war is. Like, yeah, I know it's awful, I'm not signing to go fight any time soon, let me see some cool battles in fiction though.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: dragon504

dragon504
1 month ago#48
Mushoku Tensei ran out of episodes too fast again. Not sure if I'm quite in the mood to jump into Kingdom right now though. Nice to hear s3 is better made.

User Info: keyblader1985

keyblader1985
1 month ago#49
Damn. Chris Ayres, voice of Frieza and many others, passed away yesterday.
Official King of PotD
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
1 month ago#50
After seeing it repeatedly recommended in my NF feed, I decided to try an episode of Way of the Househusband. The animation is surprisingly terrible. I guess they did this thing where it's just colored panels with some mild movement, it's very jarring and uncomfortable. And the stories themselves are meh (guess it's probably one of 4koma or whatever series?)

I'm not sure if it's the worst thing I've ever seen, but the animation style is pretty bad. I'd rather even see that fuzzy style they did for Dr Katz than characters just standing motionless at times where I wonder if my screen froze.

keyblader1985 posted...
Damn. Chris Ayres, voice of Frieza and many others, passed away yesterday.

=(
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Anime, Manga, VN, JRPG, Related Things Discussion Topic XCVII
  • Post New Message