• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Controversial Opinion #4: Automation

User Info: LinkPizza

LinkPizza
2 months ago#1
I just don’t like it... Especially when it’s forced...
Official King of Kings
Switch FC: 7216-4417-4511 Add Me because I'll probably add you. I'm probably the LinkPizza you'll see around.

User Info: Lokarin

Lokarin
2 months ago#2
But we could be living in a Wall-E utopia
"Salt cures Everything!"
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Nirakolov/videos
Lokarin posted...

I feel like you may need to rewatch that movie.
"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family

LinkPizza
2 months ago#4
Lokarin posted...

I’d rather not eat the cupcake shakes made out of people... Or be told I can’t do something because of robot overlords don’t like it...
Official King of Kings
Switch FC: 7216-4417-4511 Add Me because I'll probably add you. I'm probably the LinkPizza you'll see around.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: faramir77

faramir77
2 months ago#5
Widespread automation wouldn't be as divisive of an issue if the profits of automation were given to society as a whole.

Entire workforces in several industries are a decade or two away from being completely phased out by automation. The enhanced productivity will stack with the lack of wages to pay, resulting in astronomical profits for companies. This isn't sustainable. There will need to be a shift to universal basic income supported by much higher corporate taxes. Further down the line, I think there will be a shift to a system of professional workers and professional consumers, where the workers are given an extra incentive for their work while the consumers get to enjoy their needs being met.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiCtAUrZbUk
-- Defeating the Running Man of Ocarina of Time in a race since 01/17/2009. --

LinkPizza
2 months ago#6
faramir77 posted...
Widespread automation wouldn't be as divisive of an issue if the profits of automation were given to society as a whole.

Maybe for some. I still wouldn't like it, though...
Official King of Kings

User Info: JigsawTDC

JigsawTDC
2 months ago#7
You haven't really given any reasons for why you dislike it, but regardless, it's not going anywhere and will only increase, so you're SOL either way.

User Info: Mead

Mead
2 months ago#8
It’s inevitable, and in the long run I think that’s a great thing that is gonna allow humanity to move on to all sorts of amazing things that currently are not possible.
YOU control the numbers of leches. -Sal Vulcano

LinkPizza
2 months ago#9
JigsawTDC posted...
You haven't really given any reasons for why you dislike it, but regardless, it's not going anywhere and will only increase, so you're SOL either way.

Oh. I have. In other topics, though... One reason is because of jobs. Lots of people losing jobs to them. Another is because many are useless, or ways for people to be lazy. Some guy at Verizon kept trying to make me use the text thing when I called to get a replacement phone. I had to explain to him that I can't use the text thing because my phone didn't work. And that I was calling from a work phone. And before we even got to him, the robot voice told use like a dozen times to use the text to chat because it was faster. We just had to stay on the line and listen to that robot voice for like 5 minutes straight...

Also, apps. Like for food. Some are good. I like the Pizza Hut one. But some make it hard to get what you want at certain places. Like I literally can't order with the Subway app because I can't order the subway I want. I can't put more cheese. Or the Chipotle app. They are very stingy with cheese there, and I won't get enough... Even Sonic. For some reason, not everything is on the app. Like they replaced Cheddar bites with the Jalapeno version on the app. If I want to order the regular version, I have to do that there. So, I can't even use the app to have the food ready when I get there...

Mead posted...
It’s inevitable, and in the long run I think that’s a great thing that is gonna allow humanity to move on to all sorts of amazing things that currently are not possible.

Maybe. Maybe not. I'll be dead by the time too much becomes automation, anyway... So, I'm not too worried...
Official King of Kings
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: JigsawTDC

JigsawTDC
2 months ago#10
So you're basically complaining that automation isn't efficient enough which is why you don't like it? All of those, especially the Verizon story, sound more like problems of bureaucracy than anything inherently wrong with automation itself. Except for the loss of jobs, which is why conversations of automation and UBI tend to go hand in hand.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Controversial Opinion #4: Automation
  • Post New Message