• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Geekacea: Dose One Edition

User Info: Metalsonic66

Metalsonic66
1 month ago#391
Yeah this is actually the most interesting Red Skull has been for decades
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.

User Info: The Wave Master

The Wave Master
4 weeks ago#392
I got my second dose if the vaccine yesterday. Yeah, I'm sick again today. Fever, chills, muscle pain, body aches, and fatigue. Like having covid for the third time. It should pass by tomorrow, but it's still not as bad as having the real thing.
We are who we choose to be.

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
4 weeks ago#393
I had been holding off on getting the vaccine because I didn't want to do a lot of extra driving, etc, but apparently that's backfired because CT and its follower-governor has pulled the J&J vaccine. Once again, I lament the day CT's voters were stupid enough to put that jackass Lamont into office.

Otherwise I guess WM was over the weekend and it had a few title changes, including a few overdue ones... although that includes a lot of newer talent I haven't followed closely. I've barely seen Rhea Ripley wrestle, but she seems talented even if her look is kinda indie. Bianca Belair I've seen a little of, and she seems gimmick-y but otherwise is alright.

The Reigns triple threat sounded great, and the ending sounded like something I'd probably want to watch at some point.

On the AEW side, I've seen a few TH2 matches (singles and tag) on Dark & Elevate, including the one against Bear Country. Kinda liking the goofy gimmick and theme. Some of their stunts look pretty cool while still being credible (even if it's arguably too much of a flourish when they could have gone practical). Granted, when they start doing "suicidas" several times a match (just because they can), I'll probably get pissed at them.

Otherwise I still haven't got around to watching anything (well, besides wrassling, obviously, and then the occasional biography, etc, on YT), partly because I still need to get my good laptop fixed.

(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.

Zeus
4 weeks ago#394
Well, good news and bad news today.

The bad news is that I learned Missing in Alaska only ever had that one season, which is why I stopped seeing s*** in my feed months ago. It was a delightfully stupid show with some fun lore. Unfortunately, the only cast member to go on to do much was the crank so... not bothering there.

The much happier news -- and something I wish I knew about sooner -- is that somebody managed to make a minotaur gimmick kinda work in wrestling (so you can go to hell, Mantaur! And that nonsense of taking a mask off before wrestling, how f***ing stupid was that?!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_hIV7XEruE

Granted, because it's lucha (and thus most people are costumed), the whole gimmick doesn't stand out nearly as much and kinda naturally fits within that genre. I first saw a clip of the guy doing a badass power move where he slams somebody from a turnbuckle onto a rope, but unfortunately the guy doesn't seem to work that much of a big man style which is what I'd rather see with a minotaur gimmick (although he does at least *some* big man s***, with occasional no-selling and exaggerated power moves)

In some ways it's the best of both worlds in that I like the look and, at the same time, it doesn't come off overly goofy in context because most luchadores wear masks and some exaggerated outfits. But I also just like seeing monsters completely kick the crap out of people, because then they seem more fearsome.
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.

User Info: I_Abibde

I_Abibde
4 weeks ago#395
I recommending having a go at Heroes of Lucha Libre if you need a luchador fix. Available on Crackle for free.

As for The Hybrid 2, they are among the most technically proficient wrestlers in the AEW roster, especially Angelico, but it is rare for them to get Dynamite time because, according to them, they are not good at self-promotion, cutting a promo, etc. That, and being a heavy smoker is catching up to Jack Evans; he is much more botch-prone than he used to be, and he gets winded way too easily for being my age.
-- I Abibde / Samuraiter
Laughing at Game FAQs since 2002.

Zeus
4 weeks ago#396
I_Abibde posted...
As for The Hybrid 2, they are among the most technically proficient wrestlers in the AEW roster, especially Angelico, but it is rare for them to get Dynamite time because, according to them, they are not good at self-promotion, cutting a promo, etc.

Lucky for me then, since I just watch Dark & Elevate and them not being on Dynamite means more time on those other shows =p

Of course, "self-promotion" at AEW probably just means walking into Tony Khan's office and asking for something XD
(\/)(\/)|-|
(edited 4 weeks ago)

The Wave Master
4 weeks ago#397
The topic is dying. Anyway, I played the Resident Evil 8 demonlast night, and it's pretty good and scary. Especially of yiru house starts to make noises and your cat pounces on you randomly.

Zeus
4 weeks ago#398
The Wave Master posted...
The topic is dying.

I think we hotshotted it too much with all of the wrestling talk >_>

Speaking of, I watched Piper vs Hollywood Hogan at Starrcade '96, which was a stark reminder how s***ty most wrestling is nowadays. They were doing a lot of pretty basic s*** but it looked better than most things today. You have guys today who can do handless flips to get up to their feet yet they can't throw a believable-looking punch. Other than blatant cheating in front of the ref at times -- which the commentators both acknowledged and tried to excuse -- that was a f***ing impressive match... relative to what I see nowadays.

Otherwise, I realized I haven't finished a few episodes of AEW Elevation... and I just noticed why. Some of these are f***ing 2.5 hours long >_< Wtf! And there's often not as much that I'm skipping because it's featuring fewer wrestlers I refuse to watch (especially since I'll sometimes watch the Dork Order when they're in singles).

I'm also gradually coming around on the Acclaim's s***ty diss tracks now that I realized the gimmick is that they're supposed to be terrible (like rhyming "hangman" with "hang, man" -_-). I had originally thought they were intended more tongue-in-cheek or light-hearted rather than designed to be bad, although they're not quite lousy enough to put these guys over as heels.
(\/)(\/)|-|
(edited 4 weeks ago)

The Wave Master
4 weeks ago#399
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=giWIr7U1deA

PG-13 Mortal Kombat.

The Wave Master
4 weeks ago#400
Sony reversed it's decision to shut down the Playstation Vita and the Playstation 3 online stores. See, Peer Pressure is a good thing.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Geekacea: Dose One Edition
  • Post New Message