• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. What kind of wildlife do you have near your house?

User Info: Far-Queue

Far-Queue
1 week ago#1
By near, I mean animals you see in your own yard and immediate surroundings. If you can identify animal scat but haven't actually seen the animal, that works. Pigeons and squirrels are almost a given, but include whatever you can think of.

For me:

Spotted on my property:

Pigeons
Squirrels
Chipmunks
Hummingbirds
Groundhogs
Skunks
Rabbits
Shrews
Cardinals
Blue Jays
Robins
Hawks
Crows
Possum
Mice
Various other birds

In my immediate neighborhood:

Deer
Foxes
Coyote

If I can think of more or figure out more specific bird species I'll post them later.
https://i.imgur.com/ZwO4qO2.gifv
Bluer than velvet was the night... Softer than satin was the light... From the stars...

User Info: Lokarin

Lokarin
1 week ago#2
Very little, I wish there was more.

There's plenty of sparrows (or similar tiny borbs), a few magpies, seagulls are pretty common and we even have a dedicated pelican landing zone... they hang out on the same spot every year.

i've seen a chipmunk/squirrel or two, not sure which. There's also a few rabbits.

That's about it... excluding bugs, of course
"Salt cures Everything!"
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Nirakolov/videos

User Info: Mead

Mead
1 week ago#3
Squirrels
rabbits
a fat raccoon I saw
cardinals
normal birds
underground bees 🐝
Lemonheads

User Info: BlazeAndBlade

BlazeAndBlade
1 week ago#4
Deer
Adders (these have killed small dogs that get walked on cannock chase)
rabbits
badgers
foxes
Pheasants

Having a goal is good, but don't let your goal depress you. Goals are meant to inspire.

User Info: Kyuubi4269

Kyuubi4269
1 week ago#5
Pigeons, mice, cats.
Doctor Foxx posted...
The demonizing of soy has a lot to do with xenophobic ideas.
i live on the 14th floor of an apartment building in the city so not much. one time we saw a squirrel running around on our balcony though. still not sure how he got all the way up there
and love comes back around again, it's a carousel, my friend

User Info: Shadowbird_RH

Shadowbird_RH
1 week ago#7
In addition to the common critters (mice, squirrels, rabbits, groundhogs, skunks, house sparrows, chickadees, nuthatches, cardinals, bluejays, woodpeckers (downy and red-bellied), titmice, juncos, hummingbirds, robins, mourning doves, catbirds, red-wing blackbirds, grackles, goldfinches), we also get occasional visits from crows, deer, and wild turkeys.

I've lived here nearly my whole life, but the turkeys only started coming around several years ago. These days it's common in the spring time for them to come with their little ones, going after anything that's fallen from the birdfeeders and scratching around for any other tidbits and raiding the mulberry tree.

Not at all regular visitors, but I've also seen rose-breasted grosbeaks, Carolina wrens, starlings, opossums, and red-tailed hawks (once one drove a mourning dove into my window, making a kill at the cost of the glass. The defiant stare it gave me when I poked my head out to see what the hell happened was just too perfect, and all was forgiven).

Also, this happened once.
https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/1/9/1/AAH8NLAAALhX.jpg
Fail, and we all face a tyrannical age of pizza the likes of which sentient life has never known. - Sun'barac, Xenoblade Chronicles X

User Info: Joelypoely

Joelypoely
1 week ago#8
Long-nosed dragon (running lizard with a super long tail and yellow stripes), coolest thing ever
House geckos
Spur-throated locusts
Bull ants
Frogs
Cockroaches
Hornets/Wasps
Birds
Spiders
Moths
Peacock (for some reason one of our neighbours has one)

There are tons of venomous snakes here (Western Australia) but I haven't seen a single one in the wild yet, and I've only seen one large spider so far.
https://philoetryblog.wordpress.com/

User Info: myghostisdead

myghostisdead
1 week ago#9
Far-Queue posted...
By near, I mean animals you see in your own yard and immediate surroundings. If you can identify animal scat but haven't actually seen the animal, that works. Pigeons and squirrels are almost a given, but include whatever you can think of.

For me:

Spotted on my property:

Pigeons
Squirrels
Chipmunks
Hummingbirds
Groundhogs
Skunks
Rabbits
Shrews
Cardinals
Blue Jays
Robins
Hawks
Crows
Possum
Mice
Various other birds

In my immediate neighborhood:

Deer
Foxes
Coyote

If I can think of more or figure out more specific bird species I'll post them later.
Everything you mentioned plus bald eagles, armadillos, raccoons, mountain lions, bobcats, feral pigs and bears
"Mom, was I in a wreck?"
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: BUMPED2002

BUMPED2002
1 week ago#10
Raccoon, opossum, squirrels, cardinals, bluejays, robins. crows, pigeons, mice, once in awhile small snakes and fox.
SpankageBros
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. What kind of wildlife do you have near your house?
  • Post New Message