• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Final Fantasy VI: Brave New World

User Info: BTB

BTB
1 month ago#61
Squaresoft is very good at coming up with ideas. It is very BAD at following through with them. They encourage innovation even if that innovation is bad, makes no sense, or is flat-out broken. So you end up with a massive case of feature bloat rather similar to what you see with Microsoft. Must have something to do with the name.
"Good luck and good gaming." -Klaravoyia

BTB
1 month ago#62
How's it coming along, @ReggieTheReckless ?
BTB posted...
Morph is permanent until manually reverted or Terra dies. It increases both her damage dealt and damage taken; the penalty for incoming damage is reduced by raising Terra's stamina.

If successful, Steal doesn't consume Locke's turn. Instead of EVERY enemy having a stealable item and making the player want to rob everyone, only humanoid targets carry items. There are no missable theft-exclusive items.

Rather than Edgar's tools being heavily front-loaded and largely redundant (i.e. Drill vs. Chainsaw), they're mroe spread out with more diverse effects. Ditto for Blitz.

The Bushido meter now actually fills at an acceptable speed and the ones that deal physical damage do so based on the power of Cyan's equipped weapon rather than not caring about it.

Tools, Blitz, Bushido, and Throw are all now actually affected by the blind status whereas they were not before (even with the evade bug fixed).

Setzer's slots are de-rigged so that they are now purely skill-based than RNG. A losing spin now heals more HP and is a poor man's version of Banon's health command.

The list goes on.
Reminds me are the limit breaks more common now? Please say yes.
Official nosy neighbor and gossip
http://imgur.com/uGKwGsK

BTB
1 month ago#64
They are more common by virtue of the requirements for them to occur are much more likely to be true.

Brave New World DOES remove the timer requirement for them, though, so there is that.
BTB posted...
They are more common by virtue of the requirements for them to occur are much more likely to be true.

Brave New World DOES remove the timer requirement for them, though, so there is that.
Ya talked me into an early play. Loved the idea in 6 but ya never saw a single limit in game but once.
(edited 1 month ago)

BTB
1 month ago#66
I usually see at LEAST one per game when watching people stream.
BTB posted...
I usually see at LEAST one per game when watching people stream.
Lol. I must be an obsessive healer.

User Info: Garlands_Soul

Garlands_Soul
1 month ago#68
Oh nice! I bought one of the older versions on a reproduction cartridge. I'll have to give the update a try.
"I, Garland, will knock you all down!"
BTB posted...
How's it coming along, @ReggieTheReckless ?
On hiatus atm! Out of town for some stuff. I'm sure I'll post back here when I'm frustrated and dying on the floating continent, ha

User Info: ScarletWarrior

ScarletWarrior
1 month ago#70
Dude this is impressive and I will definitely try this out next on my next playthrough of the game.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Final Fantasy VI: Brave New World
  • Post New Message