• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Final Fantasy VI: Brave New World

User Info: BTB

BTB
1 month ago#1
This is a little project I started working on back in 2011. Back then, this forum was the only real support it had, and I haven't forgotten it. No matter how far I've come, this is where my roots are, and I couldn't have done it without y'all.

So, thanks for that.

Anyway, a few of y'all have caught wind of the fact that version 2.0 - which itself has been in the works for 2 years now - was officially released at the new year on January 1st, and one of you mentioned that I should make a thread about it here, so... here we are!

If you haven't heard of Brave New World, it is a complete mechanical overhaul/rebalance hack of Final Fantasy VI. You can find out more about it and acquire it here:

http://ngplus.net/index.php?/forums/topic/1015-brave-new-world-20-is-now-available/
"Good luck and good gaming." -Klaravoyia

User Info: FrozenBananas

FrozenBananas
1 month ago#2
Awesome! Thanks BTB :)
on your left...

BTB
1 month ago#3
I'm a helper.

User Info: guy12345

guy12345
1 month ago#4
My favorite Final Fantasy and favorite game of all time

User Info: agesboy

agesboy
1 month ago#5
+1 recommendation from me

the amount of thought you've put into this thing over the years is wild
http://i.imgur.com/LabbRyN.jpg
raytan and Kana are on opposite ends of the Awesome Spectrum.
Recommend! It fixes most if not all of the problems I have with FFVI that prevent me from enjoying it on further playthroughs. I like not having to powergame/worry about levels and having espers equipped for bonuses!

Play it!

I'm playing through 2.0 right now and I'm saved before the magitek research facility and it has been very and fun and fair. Only comment is that some bosses seem to have a lot of hp (dadaluma seemed to take foreverrrr even with the drill/sap on him), which doesn't necessarily make the fights harder but just makes them longer. From a design standpoint, this makes sense if you are trying to make the boss fights have a more epic feel or be more meaningful, but it's odd to see them take that long when I'm used to them just feeling like another normal encounter in the original version

BTB
1 month ago#7
'bout what level were you when you fought Dadaluma? I seem to recall you being something of a low-level guy... I expect around level 12 for that fight.

User Info: Wanded

Wanded
1 month ago#8
Noice i wanted to replay FF6 as of late, currently installing ;)
Puss in Boots was a good movie and it deserves more recognition

User Info: Noop_Noop

Noop_Noop
1 month ago#9
3.0 when
I am your shepherd cloaked in obscenity. Heed these sickening words: I worship only what you bleed.

BTB
1 month ago#10
Noop_Noop posted...
3.0 when

http://btb2.free.fr/img/mlfw/not_amused.png
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Final Fantasy VI: Brave New World
  • Post New Message