• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Anime, Manga, VN, JRPG, Related Things Discussion Topic LXXXVIII

User Info: YoukaiSlayer

YoukaiSlayer
3 weeks ago#171
dragon504 posted...
Anyone wanna rec Black Clover?
It's better than fairy tail but worse than one piece. Main character is annoying but ends up being pretty bearable IMO. Show has a good arc around episode 40-50 IIRC. I'm not caught up.

It made me happy that in typical shonen fashion, they don't use their powers in the most cheap OP ways they could, but then later enemies call out the weaknesses to their main strat and the main characters actually adapt. That SHOULD be the standard, but it's very much not in shonen.

The main guys power is a bit uninteresting though. Typical ability cancel like main guy from index (touma I think).

Since the canceling is pretty all or nothing it's kind of hard to feel a steady level of progress so they mostly focus on his ability to reach targets and survive damage which is probably the best way they could go with it.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

User Info: Revelation34

Revelation34
3 weeks ago#172
helIy posted...
I don't have anything to read.

I've read generally everything that interests me now, and I can't really find anything new. If I do, there's usually only like, a handful of chapters, and it's a monthly series.

I really hate monthly series, even if most of the ones I like are that. Yeah, the chapters are generally much longer, but like, I don't feel like that justifies having to wait a month for a new one. It's just large downtime, and plot moves either at a snails pace, or entirely way too fast.

And then they ALSO go on hiatuses, like weekly series do occasionally. THAT pisses me off the most. Like you have an entire f***in' MONTH. And you're SKIPPING ONE.

Just let them stack and do a binge reading.
Gamertag: Kegfarms, BF code: 2033480226, Treasure Cruise code 318,374,355, Steam: Kegfarms

User Info: helIy

helIy
3 weeks ago#173
Revelation34 posted...
Just let them stack and do a binge reading.
Sure.

I'll let them stack for a few months and come back to 3 whole chapters. Not to mention exacerbating the problem I actually have with them, too.
Fed unto the axioms,
and I fell upon the Earth and ran.

Revelation34
3 weeks ago#174
helIy posted...
Sure.

I'll let them stack for a few months and come back to 3 whole chapters. Not to mention exacerbating the problem I actually have with them, too.

Only 3 months?
Gamertag: Kegfarms, BF code: 2033480226, Treasure Cruise code 318,374,355, Steam: Kegfarms
(message deleted)

User Info: YoukaiSlayer

YoukaiSlayer
3 weeks ago#176
Wow, I've seen hentais that are less explicit than the last episode of ishuzoku reviewers. What sort of black magic did they use to be able to air this on tv? Even on atx. Fantastic episode. They all drank gender swap potions and then had lesbian sex with prostitutes. Which truck do I have to get hit by to get isekai-ed to this world?
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: dragon504

dragon504
3 weeks ago#177
Started watching Assassin's Pride. Doesn't seem great so far, but not as bad as I was expecting either. I'm tentatively finished with Dragon Quest Builders 2 as well. I left some stuff to do, to hopefully come back to it eventually and build some more. Will probably start on Vesperia de next.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/dragon504
http://followmy.tv/u/dragon504/time_wasted

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
3 weeks ago#178
Started to watch Saiki K: Re-Awakened. However, the VA change is distracting and I still hate the untranslated kanji
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.

Revelation34
3 weeks ago#179
Zeus posted...
Started to watch Saiki K: Re-Awakened. However, the VA change is distracting and I still hate the untranslated kanji

Don't watch dubs then?

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
3 weeks ago#180
Revelation34 posted...
Don't watch dubs then?

Even if the sub had the same VAs as the original run, it'd be meaningless since I don't know Japanese meaning it'd just be noise. Plus following the subs would be annoying given that they do rapid-fire exchanges at times.
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Anime, Manga, VN, JRPG, Related Things Discussion Topic LXXXVIII
  • Post New Message