• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. I'm obsessed with tea

User Info: RCtheWSBC

RCtheWSBC
1 month ago#71
Revelation34 posted...
What's the proper way of making loose leaf tea without a kettle? Most of what my friend sent is regular stuff but she also sent some loose leaf.
You can boil water in a pot and pour it over the leaves in a strainer.
https://i.imgur.com/HZf4bFJ.gif
the White-Sounding Black Chick

User Info: eating4fun

eating4fun
1 month ago#72
Yesterday's tea: pint of Chinese black tea blend for the road.

Today's tea: 1.5+ pints of a prestigious Chinese dark oolong called dahongpao, literal translation, big red robe. It's good, a very rich oolong. I wouldn't pay the $300+ pricetag for a pound of it though. Parents got it as a gift. Also forgot to mention, brewed it grandpa style.

@Revelation34 , typical Western brewing style is boil water, pour into vessel, brew 3-5 minutes, and strain.

Grandpa style, is you leave the leaf in your cup, and as you drink it, you top it off with hot water when it's empty, or when there's 1/2 or 1/3 of a cup left (in order to retain more tea flavor). Named after the favored way of old people, and the easygoing/lazy way to drink a lot of tea without care for consistency. Grandpa style works best for green tea and oolong, because black tea easily makes it too bitter when it's constantly extracting. Also, use less leaf than the typical (2 g per cup ala western), and add more when flavor is weakening.
Your palace may last forever, but my yurt can go anywhere.

User Info: Revelation34

Revelation34
1 month ago#73
I think I'll just buy a kettle next month. Apparently some of that tea "expired" too. Still going to drink it.
Gamertag: Kegfarms, BF code: 2033480226, Treasure Cruise code 318,374,355, Steam: Kegfarms

eating4fun
4 weeks ago#74
Today's tea: a pint of Rwandan black tea for work, and I tried it with a lemon slice, because lemon with tea is a thing, and I want to try it. Awful. Tasted only astringent lemon, and no tea. I'm pretty sure it's because it sat in my thermos, and basically just cooked nonstop. Maybe I need to use a bolder tea, and not cook the lemon in my thermos.

Also, just made a pint of Ceylon black tea for the evening.

eating4fun
4 weeks ago#75
Today's tea: Tried the lemon again, but this time, I just squeezed a slice. 1 pint, Used a mix of generic assam and my ceylon to try to make it more bold. It was better than last time, but still too lemony. I could taste the tea, but just barely. Though drinking it, I could feel the caffeination.

Also, a pint of masala chai with dinner. I decided to try simmering it after the milk is added for much longer. A+, very good. Though, I did use 3 tablespoons of sugar instead of 2, which is like, soda amounts of sugar.

eating4fun
4 weeks ago#76
Also, I haven't really said it in this topic, and you can probably infer this, but every now and then, I get an urge to yell out how much I f***ing love tea. It might be the tea talking, but I never feel this way when I drink coffee.

eating4fun
4 weeks ago#77
I opened my tea package, and they shipped me a pound instead of 8 oz. Christ, I'm not going to complain, but a pound of tea makes 113.5 pints of tea. If I drank solely this tea at the rate I consume tea, it will take almost 2 months. And, the other tea I bought was chamomile, which I was exploited into buying a pound of, because I get 11x the volume for only 3x the cost. So now I got 2 more pounds of tea in my already large tea cabinet.

Remind me to not buy more tea.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Revelation34

Revelation34
4 weeks ago#78
eating4fun posted...
I opened my tea package, and they shipped me a pound instead of 8 oz. Christ, I'm not going to complain, but a pound of tea makes 113.5 pints of tea. If I drank solely this tea at the rate I consume tea, it will take almost 2 months. And, the other tea I bought was chamomile, which I was exploited into buying a pound of, because I get 11x the volume for only 3x the cost. So now I got 2 more pounds of tea in my already large tea cabinet.

Remind me to not buy more tea.

Buy more tea. First time I had ever had Darjeeling tea yesterday. Pretty good.
Gamertag: Kegfarms, BF code: 2033480226, Treasure Cruise code 318,374,355, Steam: Kegfarms
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Dynalo

Dynalo
4 weeks ago#79
eating4fun posted...
. And, the other tea I bought was chamomile, which I was exploited into buying a pound of

...how big of a bag does a lb of chamomile come in? Chamomile weighs basically nothing.
Assassins do it from behind.

User Info: Zangulus

Zangulus
4 weeks ago#80
I make my wife homemade ginger tea when she's nauseous.
Crazy Cat Lady Man
Bug Doughnut Penelope Lily Fudge Zinnia Tillamook Cotton Duchess Mallory Von Fluffenbottom Lupine Lovesong Lavender Harmony Dandelion Potato
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. I'm obsessed with tea
  • Post New Message