• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. I'm obsessed with tea

User Info: eating4fun

eating4fun
1 month ago#61
Yesterday's tea: 1 pint of Rwandan black for work, 1 pint of Masala chai with dinner.

Today's tea: 1 pint of Ceylon black for work, still debating if I want some tonight.
Your palace may last forever, but my yurt can go anywhere.

eating4fun
1 month ago#62
Still today's tea: Tried a random green tea sampler from that variety pack I got. Turned out to be a jasmine green tea. Was much better the two other jasmine green teas that I've had.

User Info: RCtheWSBC

RCtheWSBC
1 month ago#63
eating4fun posted...
pint of masala chai with dinner. Used the cardamom I bought. Lovely, just one dash, and it really brings it together.
@eating4fun do you have a masala chai recipe to share?
https://i.imgur.com/HZf4bFJ.gif
the White-Sounding Black Chick

User Info: Dynalo

Dynalo
1 month ago#64
I've been drinking a lot of maple black tea recently.

But I'm also quite fond of a chocolate macaroon tea, a cardamom french toast tea, honey black, mango black. Basically I drink mostly black tea.

I do like chamomile in the evenings though.
Assassins do it from behind.

User Info: RCtheWSBC

RCtheWSBC
1 month ago#65
I'm the same, Dynalo. Black tea fuels me. My friend just picked up a milk frother and was showing it off to me as he made his London Fog.
https://i.imgur.com/HZf4bFJ.gif
the White-Sounding Black Chick

Dynalo
1 month ago#66
I picked up a frother a few months ago and it's great. I don't always make a latte, but it's particularly great with the sweeter teas like the chocolate macaroon.

eating4fun
1 month ago#67
Today's tea: 1 Pint of Chinese black tea blend. Love it.

@RCtheWSBC I mentioned what I did to make masala chai earlier. I use a premade mix, and add more black tea. I've been experimenting with ratios and brewing time trying to find perfection, but honestly, it's hard to notice a difference. Only time I f***ed it up was when I tried using almond milk instead of whole milk because some recipe online called for it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AR6OUCG/

1 pint of water. 1 heaping tablespoon of masala chai mix. 1 tablespoon strong loose leaf black tea. 2-3 tablespoons of sugar. Mix all, and bring to boil, Simmer 3 minutes. Add 1 pint of whole milk. Bring to boil, take off heat, strain, and it's good. Note: it will try to foam over quickly when the boil starts rolling, so be vigilant. Apparently, it's heresy if you don't do the last step of trying to make it boil over after milk is added. I haven't tried skipping that step.

Generally, 1 tablespoon of black tea per pint. I find that the mixes I've used doesn't have enough black tea. It ends up a bit weak with the 1 tablespoon of mix per pint. So, you either have to use more of the mix, or supplement it with more black tea. I also find the spices a bit too strong, so I supplement it with more black tea.

Honestly, I've never tried masala chai outside of me making it, so I'm really unsure how it's suppose to taste.

Dynalo
1 month ago#68
I'm working my way through a tea gift box right now, so I'm currently drinking a green passion fruit tea. It's okay. Wouldn't buy for myself.
(edited 1 month ago)

eating4fun
1 month ago#69
Today's tea: For work, pint of presumably generic Assam black tea. I decided to added milk and sugar to it, as it is the English way, and I hadn't had it tea that way aside from all the masala chai I've been making. Still prefer it straight. Pint of Camomile at home.

Also, bought more tea. I bought loose leaf camomile, and more of that chinese black tea blend. I did want to buy more of that smoked tea, but I have too much tea in my cabinet. I'm pretty sure I'm stocked enough that I can make it to the end of the year if I stopped buying tea and kept drinking 2 pints a day.

User Info: Revelation34

Revelation34
1 month ago#70
What's the proper way of making loose leaf tea without a kettle? Most of what my friend sent is regular stuff but she also sent some loose leaf.
Gamertag: Kegfarms, BF code: 2033480226, Treasure Cruise code 318,374,355, Steam: Kegfarms
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. I'm obsessed with tea
  • Post New Message