• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. I'm obsessed with tea

User Info: Revelation34

Revelation34
1 month ago#51
I have a f***ton of tea I keep forgetting to drink. My friend sent a bunch in a Christmas box. Some weird ones like eggnog tea too.
Gamertag: Kegfarms, BF code: 2033480226, Treasure Cruise code 318,374,355, Steam: Kegfarms

User Info: eating4fun

eating4fun
1 month ago#52
Today's tea: Pint of Rwandan black tea for work. Home, pint of decaffinated Ceylon tea, which was the last sampler freebie. Didn't like it very much, had an almost fishy taste like puer.
Your palace may last forever, but my yurt can go anywhere.

eating4fun
1 month ago#53
Today's tea: Pint of abnormal Nilgiri tea for work. Home, made 2 pints of masala chai. It smelled different than usual while brewing it because I was near the bottom of the tin, and the small spices are concentrated. It tasted practically the same as usual though. Next time I pickup more masala chai, I want to pick up a powdered form from amazon, and/or the premade liquid, which Target for some reason, carries.

eating4fun
1 month ago#54
Today's morning tea: 2 pints of masala chai. I added black pepper because apparently that's what some chai recipes call for. The mild spiciness kinda overpowers the other spicy flavors.

User Info: wwinterj25

wwinterj25
1 month ago#55
Some of these teas sound.... interesting.
One who knows nothing can understand nothing.
http://psnprofiles.com/wwinterj - https://i.imgur.com/YvP6isz.gif

User Info: RCtheWSBC

RCtheWSBC
1 month ago#56
I have some Christmas Tea black blend that's over a year old...but I can't let the leaves go to waste. I'll just double the amount I steep to get more flavor.
https://i.imgur.com/HZf4bFJ.gif
the White-Sounding Black Chick

eating4fun
1 month ago#57
Yesterday's tea: a pint of a Yixing black tea with dinner.

Today's tea: two pints of Masala Chai. It boiled over on me. Haven't done that in a while. It only takes seconds. I was standing right there, stirring it for the hell of it, don't know if it actually makes it better, but it feels so. I saw it foaming up, and the minor roadblock from having my hands full, hampered me just enough that it boiled over right as I was lifting the pot off the stove. Note to self: BE READY to lift pot off the heat when anticipating the boil over.

Also bought cardamom from the grocery store to spice it more, since the mix I'm using doesn't have enough of it. $10 for a 2 oz. container, f***.

Revelation34
1 month ago#58
eating4fun posted...
Yesterday's tea: a pint of a Yixing black tea with dinner.

Today's tea: two pints of Masala Chai. It boiled over on me. Haven't done that in a while. It only takes seconds. I was standing right there, stirring it for the hell of it, don't know if it actually makes it better, but it feels so. I saw it foaming up, and the minor roadblock from having my hands full, hampered me just enough that it boiled over right as I was lifting the pot off the stove. Note to self: BE READY to lift pot off the heat when anticipating the boil over.

Also bought cardamom from the grocery store to spice it more, since the mix I'm using doesn't have enough of it. $10 for a 2 oz. container, f***.

Get a kettle. They're better for tea.
Gamertag: Kegfarms, BF code: 2033480226, Treasure Cruise code 318,374,355, Steam: Kegfarms

eating4fun
1 month ago#59
Today's tea: 1 pint of generic Assam black tea for work, 1 cup of yorkshire gold to wake up. 1 pint of masala chai with dinner. Used the cardamom I bought. Lovely, just one dash, and it really brings it together.

Revelation34 posted...

Get a kettle. They're better for tea.

I bought an electric kettle, works great. I always use it. Except when making masala chai, you gotta do it the stovetop way. And even if I did and could make masala chai with a kettle, it's going to be impossible cleaning up the kettle.

Revelation34
1 month ago#60
eating4fun posted...
I bought an electric kettle, works great. I always use it. Except when making masala chai, you gotta do it the stovetop way. And even if I did and could make masala chai with a kettle, it's going to be impossible cleaning up the kettle.

I meant a traditional kettle.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. I'm obsessed with tea
  • Post New Message