• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. I'm obsessed with tea

User Info: WhiskeyDisk

WhiskeyDisk
2 months ago#21
I do enjoy tea myself, but loose tea is hard to come by on the shelf in the grocer. Bagged tea tastes like it was strained through a gym sock to me. I'm more or less reduced to twinings loose English breakfast, gunpowder green, Earl grey, and if I can find it, Irish breakfast. I really do love the Irish breakfast but it's hard to come by where I am.
The SBA has closed for business, we thank you for your patronage Assassins.
~there's always free cheese in a mousetrap.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: dedbus

dedbus
2 months ago#22
I like that brisk I had bfo.

User Info: eating4fun

eating4fun
2 months ago#23
Today, 1 pint of Ceylon black tea. Second time I tried Ceylon tea, tastes like Assam, but lighter, I think? I have a hard time putting it into words what makes it different, and why I like the regular Assam I have better.

Also, Harney threw in some free samples. Just tried a flavored white tea, vanilla/grapefruit. Flavored teas aren't my thing. They all smell nice, but the tea itself seems more like an afterthought, and it always seems like it takes the backseat to the added flavor.
Your palace may last forever, but my yurt can go anywhere.

User Info: WhiskeyDisk

WhiskeyDisk
2 months ago#24
Most flavored teas taste like I'm drinking incense.
The SBA has closed for business, we thank you for your patronage Assassins.
~there's always free cheese in a mousetrap.

eating4fun
2 months ago#25
paulisdabomb posted...
Speaking of good old animated uncle Iroh, remember his favourite tea, jasmin tea? I just want to say that jasmin tea is the best tea indeed. But not just any kind, because I had a cup of jasmin pearl tea this summer, and now I don't want to live without it. If you ever see this tea in a shop or restaurant, I implore you to try it. Even if it's the first cup of tea in your life, after a life of hating tea.

Unfortunately for me, Jasmine tea was disappoint. My mind is tainted, so I can't help but think of jasmine/flowery soap when I drink jasmine tea. I would still drink it, but it doesn't bring me joy.

The worst tea I've had was hibiscus tea. The acidity invokes the taste of vomit, and that's crazy to me because I've never tasted anything else that I would say tastes like vomit.

eating4fun
2 months ago#26
Today's tea: still trying out more of my haul. A black tea from Rwanda. 1 pint for work, one big cup in the morning using the second steep, and 1 pint just now. The first pint was really good. Brewed for 4 minutes, and it had a medium body and delicate/floral flavors. The pint I made just now was 5 minute brew, and it was full bodied, and I couldn't taste the appealing floral notes earlier. It's on par with breakfast tea, but with minimum astringency. Favorite tea so far from the haul. I guess I should consider shorter brewing times more often, because 5 minutes is standard.

User Info: Bugmeat

Bugmeat
2 months ago#27
Just black for me. I like mine really strong. I have a 24 ounce mug that I will put 5 bags in. A little sugar too. Just enough to cut some of the bitterness.

"Genetics is fascinating. For example, if I mated with this chicken, I wonder if any of you would tell."

eating4fun
2 months ago#28
Today's tea: a pint of Ceylon tea, brewed 3 minutes. Feels medium bodied that way, and fragrance comes out in its taste now, but it wasn't amazing. Also, gifted this one away, but I still got to try it. A pint of chamomile, lavender, and cornflower blend. I could only taste the chamomile, I'm guessing it's because I'm not familiar with the other flowers. A little disappointed, but it was still a good pint of tea.

User Info: gguirao

gguirao
2 months ago#29
Mai was hotter.
Donald J. Trump--proof against government intelligence.

User Info: wwinterj25

wwinterj25
2 months ago#30
*sips Earl Grey*
One who knows nothing can understand nothing.
http://psnprofiles.com/wwinterj - https://i.imgur.com/YvP6isz.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. I'm obsessed with tea
  • Post New Message