• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. I'm obsessed with tea

User Info: Dynalo

Dynalo
1 month ago#131
Another cup of valerian nights this evening.
Assassins do it from behind.

User Info: eating4fun

eating4fun
1 month ago#132
Forgot to be posting. Still averaging 1 pint of black tea a day.

Today's tea: 1 pint of Chinese black tea blend for work, 1 pint of earl grey at work, 1 pint of masala chai home from work. Don't know why I'm surprised, but people are going through the earl grey that I stocked in the break room pretty fast. I'm fully out of Masala chai.

I've gone through at least half of my stock of that Ceylon tea and Rwandan tea, but I'm months away from finishing that chinese black tea blend given that I originally got a whole pound of.
Your palace may last forever, but my yurt can go anywhere.

User Info: Revelation34

Revelation34
1 month ago#133
eating4fun posted...
Forgot to be posting. Still averaging 1 pint of black tea a day.

Today's tea: 1 pint of Chinese black tea blend for work, 1 pint of earl grey at work, 1 pint of masala chai home from work. Don't know why I'm surprised, but people are going through the earl grey that I stocked in the break room pretty fast. I'm fully out of Masala chai.

I've gone through at least half of my stock of that Ceylon tea and Rwandan tea, but I'm months away from finishing that chinese black tea blend given that I originally got a whole pound of.

Did you want them to drink it?
Gamertag: Kegfarms, BF code: 2033480226, Treasure Cruise code 318,374,355, Steam: Kegfarms

User Info: WhiskeyDisk

WhiskeyDisk
1 month ago#134
eating4fun posted...
but I'm months away from finishing that chinese black tea blend given that I originally got a whole pound of.

Well to be fair, a pound is a lot of f***ing tea. To put it in perspective, when I was a heavy, heavy weed smoker an ounce was enough for like 3 weeks to a month. I would have to start selling most of a pound or cooking with it to stop it from going bad.

Luckily, tea is considerably more shelf-stable.
The SBA has closed for business, we thank you for your patronage Assassins.
~there's always free cheese in a mousetrap.
(edited 1 month ago)

eating4fun
1 month ago#135
Today's tea: 1 pint Chinese blend for work. Home, 1 pint of oolong tea. Tried a sampler from my 3 dozen sampler set. It was Rou gui tea, an oolong from Wuyi which means cinnamon. I expected to not taste cinnamon. I did not taste cinnamon and was still slightly disappointed. Tastes just like any another toasty oolong, but on the slightly milder side. I'm sure if it was real quality rou gui tea, I'd understand the cinnamon likeness.

Revelation34
1 month ago#136
Got sick again already. Had some pumpkin spice black tea and whatever this was. https://www.amazon.com/Numi-Organic-Tea-Emperors-16-Count/dp/B002AR3C42

That one had no flavor to it.
Gamertag: Kegfarms, BF code: 2033480226, Treasure Cruise code 318,374,355, Steam: Kegfarms

eating4fun
1 month ago#137
Today's tea: 1 pint of rebrewed oolong. 1 cup earl grey + cream/sugar, 1 pint Puer. So the rebrewed oolong had a bit of the old/stale taste given that it sat around for a night. Not very good, but when the tea cool downed, it was a lot more agreeable. Earl Grey tea bags practically ran out now. After vacation, I'll bring to work my box of yorkshire gold teabags that I practically never touch. I feel like no one's going to stick to it, given that it overbrews really easily and becomes kinda awful.

I have in stock 3 different things of Puer. Busted out the western audience marketed one. It's still ok, and better than the other puer I've tried. It's got some other herbs/garnishes and orange flavoring, but I give the tea a rinse to wash away most of the orange flavoring. I don't know how to put it's taste into words. You could probably fool someone that it's not tea?

So Puer FYI; it's is a fermented tea, well known in China, not so much in the west. Can be described as an acquired taste. There's 2 kinds, unripe, which takes several years of aging for it to be palpable (and thus, is expensive if it's not poor quality), and ripened, utilizing a modernized technique to greatly speed up the aging. Flavor is described as complex/earthy/woody, and can vary wildly based on it's age. Also, known for a fishy taste/smell, which can be overpowering if not repulsive, if it's not aged well enough.

Revelation34
1 month ago#138
https://www.harney.com/products/hot-cinnamon-spice-tea?variant=16152853086279

This stuff. It was ok.

eating4fun
1 month ago#139
Yesterday's tea: Pint of chinese black tea blend
Today's tea: Ditto

I've had Harney's hot cinnamon spice tea. It is just ok. Powerfully cinnamony, can't taste the actual tea, but that goes for practically any other flavored tea.

Revelation34
1 month ago#140
https://www.amazon.com/Yogi-Tea-Vanilla-Energizes-Supports/dp/B004051BO0

I've had this one before today. It's pretty good.

Also had https://www.instacart.com/products/16968451-bigelow-white-chocolate-obsession-tea-bags-1-6-oz which sucks.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. I'm obsessed with tea
  • Post New Message