• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Geek+: Streaming Nerdy Nostalgia in 480i

User Info: Revelation34

Revelation34
1 month ago#291
Metalsonic66 posted...
Doing the whole Secret Wars story would be too much even for a big interconnected universe like the MCU.

Maybe one day we'll get a good live-action version of the Black Suit storyline.

What about the original version of the infinity war? Could they have done it if they had the rights to all the characters back then?
Gamertag: Kegfarms, BF code: 2033480226, Treasure Cruise code 318,374,355, Steam: Kegfarms

User Info: Metalsonic66

Metalsonic66
1 month ago#292
Do you mean Infinity War or Infinity Gauntlet?
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.

User Info: Revelation34

Revelation34
1 month ago#293
Metalsonic66 posted...
Do you mean Infinity War or Infinity Gauntlet?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Infinity_War
Gamertag: Kegfarms, BF code: 2033480226, Treasure Cruise code 318,374,355, Steam: Kegfarms

Metalsonic66
1 month ago#294
I know what Infinity War is

The movie was based more on Gauntlet really.
Big bombs go kabang.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
1 month ago#295
Metalsonic66 posted...
Doing the whole Secret Wars story would be too much even for a big interconnected universe like the MCU.

idk, they could probably swing it, but I'm no sure the content carries itself well enough.

Metalsonic66 posted...
Maybe one day we'll get a good live-action version of the Black Suit storyline.

I'm not sure you *could* do a good version of it. Especially since even the cartoons seem to rush that storyline (because it's a major continuity shift that could confuse viewers during rebroadcasts unless, of course, they do it as a season-long event which is really how it should be handled anyway)
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.

Metalsonic66
1 month ago#296
Zeus posted...
I'm not sure you *could* do a good version of it. Especially since even the cartoons seem to rush that storyline (because it's a major continuity shift that could confuse viewers during rebroadcasts unless, of course, they do it as a season-long event which is really how it should be handled anyway)
It only took a few episodes for Spectacular Spider-Man to tell the story in a condensed but still satisfying way.
Big bombs go kabang.
I_Abibde posted...
Magneto and Xavier have one conversation (via telepathy) in the '60s run of Uncanny X-Men that states that the two of them could be allies, if only just -- yeah, you know the deal.

Had to wait for Claremont to pick that ball up, I guess.

And even he didn't do it right away. He didn't really start playing with the idea until X-Men #150 (though once he started, he pulled that particular thread real hard).

Three years earlier, he was writing the story where Magneto got pissed off and captured the X-Men and strapped them down so they could be helpless like babies and had his nanny robot treat them like infants.
"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family

User Info: WhiskeyDisk

WhiskeyDisk
1 month ago#298
ParanoidObsessive posted...
And even he didn't do it right away. He didn't really start playing with the idea until X-Men #150 (though once he started, he pulled that particular thread real hard).

Three years earlier, he was writing the story where Magneto got pissed off and captured the X-Men and strapped them down so they could be helpless like babies and had his nanny robot treat them like infants.

Was that before or after Magneto mastered Animal Magnetism?
The SBA has closed for business, we thank you for your patronage Assassins.
~there's always free cheese in a mousetrap.

Zeus
1 month ago#299
Been glancing at comics now and again in my adventures. Some of these have included issues from:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jughead:_The_Hunger

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_Girl

https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-dark-otherkind/

idk, moving past the really mainstream stuff, there's some interesting stuff in recent years. Archie in general has had a number of quirky titles over the years (as have a few other classic comics/cartoons), although the concept for this is a bit more fun.
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.

Zeus
1 month ago#300
Oh, plus I saw an issue of Teknophage, which kinda ties together glancing at comics (albeit this isn't a recent series) *and* Gaimon who, back when I originally read a few issues, was a name that meant nothing to me. It was also a series that had a kinda neat premise but I remember the execution being meh.
(\/)(\/)|-|
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Geek+: Streaming Nerdy Nostalgia in 480i
  • Post New Message