• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Geek+: Streaming Nerdy Nostalgia in 480i

User Info: The Wave Master

The Wave Master
1 month ago#261
Didn't realize how racist/on the point the original Breath of fire is...

Bo shoots a Bow.
Ox is big and strong.
Karn is a Carnie that throws daggers.
Ryu is a Dragon.
Gobi is a fish and clearly Chinese.
Nina is a bird.

Still loving the old school game though. Warts and all.

We are who we choose to be.

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
1 month ago#262
Finally started Pokemon Shield last night. I like that they didn't go overboard with cutscenes like in S/M, although getting started still feels slightly longer than it should even if most of the opening chain of events feel more traditionally Pokemon.

They also seem to put more customization options early on, which was one of the thing I hated about X/Y (where I think you could only adjust your hat at the beginning) and S/M (where the default outfit was also terrible). I would rather just have a lot more customization right at the beginning like other RPGs with character creation, though.

My Genesis Mini that I picked up for $35 from Gamestop arrived a few days ago, but it'll probably gather dust next my still unopened ps4 (which I should open to check). I might have been somewhat more likely to start playing that had I not started Shield.

Also I wound up picking up a Marvel's Sandman Pop! for 3.50 or something on clearance at my local Walgreen's mostly because it was marked down to $3.50. I had liked the look of it prior, but it wasn't something I absolutely wanted. Speaking of wants, I picked up the new(er) Mighty Muggs Starscream for $6 at a Homegoods not that long ago. I had never found the original (back when the line was bigger and lacked the face-change gimmick), so it had been a want. I will say that it's cuter than the original (and, in general, the revamped line usually does look nicer even before you factor in the changing faces), even if it's smaller and lacks a more classic design.

These days the Mighty Muggs line apparently usually retails for $10, so it's priced comparably to Funko's Pop! line. The Pop!s usually feature more body sculpting whereas Hasbro's Mighty Muggs mostly just use paint. The face-change feature is nice, although usually I won't be a fan of all 3 faces. Starscream's shocked face is great. I also saw the Megatron (which iirc had an angry face and an injured face) but I didn't care enough at the time to pick him up. Mighty Muggs also have the benefit of having a hard-plastic package that's designed to be stackable (although I'm wondering how stable the weight distribution is). The line's biggest drawback (besides not having much body sculpting) is probably just the far weaker selection. Funko is a licensing machine which uses its existing distro and low costs to sell a massive variety of characters, whereas Hasbro really just plays things safe. (And, as a reminder, Hasbro's license of Marvel, Star Wars, etc, is why Funko's Pop!s from those franchises are bobbleheads. I've never liked that as much as the normal Pop!s)

New Simpsons was a half-decent Lisa episode, which is a bit of a rarity. The Artie Zink crap, which I think was technically the b-side, was lousy other than a few Homer jokes that would have felt at home in an earlier season (the elevator discussion, Homer eating that pig, etc)

ParanoidObsessive posted...
ILLEGAL!

~reports you~

"Heh heh, the perfect crime... Marge, I have to be in court next Tuesday."

(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.

User Info: CyborgSage00x0

CyborgSage00x0
1 month ago#263
So, the Witcher wasn't half bad, despite it being pretty hard to tell what is going on. Cavill was a good fit for Geralt...as one would hope, seeing as he demanded the role.
PotD's resident Film Expert.

User Info: Korruptor

Korruptor
1 month ago#264
Finally started Pokemon Shield last night. I like that they didn't go overboard with cutscenes like in S/M, although getting started still feels slightly longer than it should even if most of the opening chain of events feel more traditionally Pokemon.

Speaking of Pokeymans Sword and Shield, national dex readded as dlc loooooool, pokemon is finally dead to me.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Metalsonic66

Metalsonic66
1 month ago#265
It's been dead to me for several generations now
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.

Zeus
1 month ago#266
Korruptor posted...
Speaking of Pokeymans Sword and Shield, national dex readded as dlc loooooool, pokemon is finally dead to me.

Kinda expected it, tbh. It was a stupid, silly move.

In general, I've been annoyed by these shenanigans, but I'm not to the point where I'd quit the franchise even if many of my favorites were pointlessly cut (and, in general, they should have at *least* kept all of the starters around)
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.

User Info: CyborgSage00x0

CyborgSage00x0
1 month ago#267
Zeus posted...
Kinda expected it, tbh. It was a stupid, silly move.
Nintendo initially said that it would take too long to add everyone Pokemon, with all their attacks and animations, without pushing S&S too much. Considering they now plan on adding them without the need to pay for it, it seems likely they were telling the truth.
PotD's resident Film Expert.

User Info: Korruptor

Korruptor
1 month ago#268
Nah, considering the game's attacks/animations were pathetic, they were probably better off importing them from the last generation.

User Info: Metalsonic66

Metalsonic66
1 month ago#269
Just go back to static sprites lol
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.

Zeus
1 month ago#270
Picked up another Universal Horror Mystery Mini and got Dracula, so I feel okay stopping here. I wouldn't mind a Gillman, but this is good.

Also I saw a copy of Neil Gaimon's Neverywhere miniseries the other day, which reminded me that the tv miniseries was a thing. Slightly kicking myself for not just buying it on the spot, although I'm not sure if I'd enjoy it any more than the comic.

Korruptor posted...
Nah, considering the game's attacks/animations were pathetic, they were probably better off importing them from the last generation.

I thought they HAD imported most of them finally?

Metalsonic66 posted...
Just go back to static sprites lol

Would also generally be nice.
(\/)(\/)|-|
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Geek+: Streaming Nerdy Nostalgia in 480i
  • Post New Message