• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Geek+: Streaming Nerdy Nostalgia in 480i

User Info: SunWuKung420

SunWuKung420
3 months ago#21
The Wave Master posted...

If you were stuck in a tropical paradise with food, water, shelter, the Internet, and your health in tact, but for that reward you only get to play 5 video games for the rest of your life, what 5 games, would you bring with you, and why?

Ghost recon wildlands, Spider-Man, Conan exiles, Half life, Need for speed.

Align your chakras, it starts with your breathing.
http://www.arfalpha.com/ScienceOfBreath/ScienceOfBreath.htm

User Info: The Wave Master

The Wave Master
3 months ago#22
My wife got another promotion at work, and with that it brings a new work schedule for her. Sure, she gets more power and more money, but it's not always about power and money is it?

Anyway, she's working later hours with different days off starting next week, and that just leaves me more time to play video games. Black Friday is coming up, and there are some good sales on games I would not normally buy at full price. Those games are going to get me through the first of the year until Final Fantasy in March.
We are who we choose to be.
but it's not always about power and money is it?

Yes it is.
"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family

User Info: WhiskeyDisk

WhiskeyDisk
3 months ago#24
ParanoidObsessive posted...
but it's not always about power and money is it?

Yes it is.

In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women.”
The SBA has closed for business, we thank you for your patronage Assassins.
~there's always free cheese in a mousetrap.

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
3 months ago#25
jfc, I underestimated how awful CW's Supergirl is. This clip -- which looked intriguing -- is just painful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlbFprJMFJs

Though the usual cheat answer is I'd bring some popular multiplayer-only game so I could go online and tell people I was marooned and have them send people to find me. Assuming I actually wanted to leave, rather than just stay in, you know, paradise.

He also said you have internet access, so you could just contact somebody regardless. That's why I asked how we were stuck there.

I'd strongly disagree with this.

I disagree with your disagreement.

I'll give you Journey.

The LBP hate is real... and annoying.

Metalsonic66 posted...
Just watched The Man Who Knew Too Little with absolutely no clue what it was about going into it. And I'm glad I did, because the movie kept me engaged and entertained the whole way through.

Oddly enough, I saw a copy of that movie while stopping at a thrift store this week. Prior to that, I'm not sure I even heard of it.
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.

WhiskeyDisk
3 months ago#26
Zeus posted...
jfc, I underestimated how awful CW's Supergirl is. This clip -- which looked intriguing -- is just painful.

Supergirl was ok at first, and I stuck with it longer than I should just because Melissa Benoist is adorkable, and Martian Manhunter was one of my favorite DC characters.

But once it joined the CW Arrowverse and had to interrupt every episode midway for 15 minutes of hamfisted, preachy lesbian drama I had to drop the show because it became unbearable.
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: Metalsonic66

Metalsonic66
3 months ago#27
Zeus posted...
The LBP hate is real
inFamous 2 alone I would put over most open-world games of the last decade
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
3 months ago#28
Otherwise, despite the lack of clarification from Wave, I kinda imagine I'd basically just consider amount of content, replayability, and multiplayer. If you only have five games, instead of getting a thousand hours out of something, you'd really need to get a hundred thousand hours.

While I'm not a Minecraft fan, it was one of the first things to jump to mind because it *can* offer an absurd amount of content and has pretty open gameplay.

I'd say second would be a MMO but... what happens when it runs out of content or the servers close? Instead, an open-world WRPG like Skyrim is appealing since you have character creation, mods, and a pretty open-ended game. By contrast, no matter how long a linear RPG is, eventually it'll get stale.

Third would be a fighting game. Something by Capcom with a large roster that'll likely have an active community. So probably more main-series SF than one of the vs spinoffs, but who knows. A compilation would be nice, but kinda cheating.

Fourth would probably be a hacked version of Pokemon where I can choose my starter and customize minor story things. Particularly a version with multiple save files.

And fifth... idk, tbd.
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: The Wave Master

The Wave Master
3 months ago#29
I should have clarified that you cannot ever leave the island, but I mean why would you? The outside world is a giant poop show for the most part, and as I ge th older my youthful optimism isn't so optimistic anymore. Therefore, going forward just assume you can't leave the Island.

As for Supergirl and Batwoman too, two shows I watch with my wife every week, I don't mind the same sex agenda and liberal slants. Considering that I'm in an interacial marriage in the deep south, my in laws won't talk to me because ue I am black, and some of my closest friends are gay, it never bothers me that the story lines are so diversity.

In fact, my wife and I went to lunch Saturday afternoon, and I hot out of the car, and waited while my wife hor my wheelchair. I van walk, bit sometimes it's easier to use the chair if we are waiting for long periods of time, and as I waited this old white lady stared at a with utter disgust. I yelled, "Did you want to help he handicapped black man and his black wife, because you see something you like or dislike?" She scoffed and walked inside the restaurant.

So yeah, I have no problem. With the content of the CW shows. They aren't the best quality, but network television is not that good anymore anyway, but it's good background noise as I play with my Switch.
We are who we choose to be.

WhiskeyDisk
3 months ago#30
It's not the diversity that irks me, it's that it seems like a third of every episode has to grind to a halt to shoehorn it in. Sure there's a villain tearing up the city that we need to stop, but here is 10-15 minutes of mandatory lesbian relationship drama first.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Geek+: Streaming Nerdy Nostalgia in 480i
  • Post New Message