• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Geek+: Streaming Nerdy Nostalgia in 480i

User Info: Metalsonic66

Metalsonic66
3 weeks ago#11
Just watched The Man Who Knew Too Little with absolutely no clue what it was about going into it. And I'm glad I did, because the movie kept me engaged and entertained the whole way through.
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.

User Info: The Wave Master

The Wave Master
3 weeks ago#12
Who knew that Jedi: Fallen Order was actually going to be a good quality single player Star Wars game?

Maybe Respawn should get more money to do more single player games?
We are who we choose to be.
The Wave Master posted...
Who knew that Jedi: Fallen Order was actually going to be a good quality single player Star Wars game?

Maybe Respawn should get more money to do more single player games?

I keep hearing too many comparisons to Dark Souls, which is making me wary as hell.

Along with the fact that it's, you know, an EA game. I'm still waiting to see how they do a post-launch update that introduces broken multiplayer and microtransactions, or whatever else they do to f*** it up.
"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family

User Info: WhiskeyDisk

WhiskeyDisk
3 weeks ago#14
The Wave Master posted...
If you were stuck in a tropical paradise with food, water, shelter, the Internet, and your health in tact, but for that reward you only get to play 5 video games for the rest of your life, what 5 games, would you bring with you, and why?

Ok. First option has to be something with infinite replay value, like a version of chess or a Tetris type game. Shogi, mancala, backgammon, Go, Othello, solitaire...something along those lines.

Next has to be a painfully long rpg or other type game to Max out. FFV, Disgaea, SMT:N, Vagrant Story, GTA:SA... something along those lines.

Third up, literally any multiplayer type game. Something with a way to communicate with the outside world for a chance of rescue. I'm not expecting much from randos, but I'm hoping that my friendlist has a more vested interest in my rescue.

4th, Rough call between a tried and true metrovania like super Metroid or SOTN for shiggles.

5th let's go with irony. A survival game or a farming sim. Stardew Valley, Animal Crossing, something in that vein just to play what I'm already living, lol.

But in all seriousness if I'm stranded on a deserted island most of my energy is going to be spent conserving calories, maintaining hydration/shelter/fire and hunting and gathering. The extent of my gaming would probably boil down to a good old round of "choke the chicken" if time allows.

From a purely pragmatic standpoint I might have to consider making all 5 choices NES titles just to fashion spear points from the cases and circuit boards, or possibly throwing one silver disc-based game into that mix just to have a signal mirror.

If I'm straight up Link's Awakening'd on a deserted island, the Wind Fish is the least of my concerns.

The scenario largely falls under the same dilemma as the infamous "Time Enough At Last" Twilight Zone episode.
The SBA has closed for business, we thank you for your patronage Assassins.
~there's always free cheese in a mousetrap.
(edited 3 weeks ago)
WhiskeyDisk posted...
The extent of my gaming would probably boil down to a good old round of "choke the chicken" if time allows.

Fun fact: lots of people who've been in exhaustion-inducing survival situations have mentioned that you have almost zero energy or interest in sex/self-service. Even on shows like Survivor where the cast is only just sort of half-surviving on their own, and where they're usually surrounded by attractive scantily-clad people of both sexes, they've mentioned there's almost no interest in it.

Unless the island you wind up on has tribal natives who take up worshipping you as a god and thus bring you all the food and fresh water you want and maintain your shelter for you, the effort you expend staying alive will probably discourage you from any extracurricular activities along those lines.
"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family

User Info: WhiskeyDisk

WhiskeyDisk
3 weeks ago#16
ParanoidObsessive posted...
WhiskeyDisk posted...
The extent of my gaming would probably boil down to a good old round of "choke the chicken" if time allows.

Fun fact: lots of people who've been in exhaustion-inducing survival situations have mentioned that you have almost zero energy or interest in sex/self-service. Even on shows like Survivor where the cast is only just sort of half-surviving on their own, and where they're usually surrounded by attractive scantily-clad people of both sexes, they've mentioned there's almost no interest in it.

Unless the island you wind up on has tribal natives who take up worshipping you as a god and thus bring you all the food and fresh water you want and maintain your shelter for you, the effort you expend staying alive will probably discourage you from any extracurricular activities along those lines.

https://giphy.com/gifs/mrw-cast-away-vsl46CzqVNcpW
The SBA has closed for business, we thank you for your patronage Assassins.
~there's always free cheese in a mousetrap.

User Info: The Wave Master

The Wave Master
3 weeks ago#17
I have also heard the same good news about Jedi: Fallen Order that I have heard about The Mandalorian on Disney Plus too.

I have some free time the week of Thanksgiving, as I am cooking the big dinner myself, but I do have some free time because of my awkward dialysis schedule. I think I will plan on catching up with the available episodes next week, either Tuesday or Wednesday night.
We are who we choose to be.

User Info: I_Abibde

I_Abibde
2 weeks ago#18
Only five games. I dare say that is too difficult a question for me to answer. How to narrow it down? Hmm. At the very least, I need to make certain to choose a system that is not disc-based to reduce the chances of it failing as time progresses. Meaning Nintendo. Meaning at least two of those titles are going to be a Metroid and a Pokémon.

Have been enjoying The Mandalorian thus far. It definitely feels like a Western in space, but not in the same way as Firefly.
-- I Abibde / Samuraiter
Laughing at Game FAQs since 2002.

User Info: Entity13

Entity13
2 weeks ago#19
Parking a post here for potential later posts.
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/EntityXIII/entityfn7.jpg

User Info: Metalsonic66

Metalsonic66
2 weeks ago#20
Tetris
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Geek+: Streaming Nerdy Nostalgia in 480i
  • Post New Message