• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. xenoblade chronicles 2 ain't fun

User Info: Destiny

Destiny
4 weeks ago#21
bridgid
helly!

User Info: PK_Spam

PK_Spam
4 weeks ago#22
You really couldn’t have described Brighid, a fire blade with blue fire hair and fire powers, any worse than you did.
https://i.imgur.com/hCHZS1f.gif
(edited 4 weeks ago)

Destiny
4 weeks ago#23
i mean when you first meet her rex literally says a wall of ice

and she's blue, like ice
helly!

Destiny
4 weeks ago#24
oh.

i went to the one area you start the game at, even though it's weird because that bunny guy is obviously still after me and i just stood outside his door

and then i slept at the inn and leveled up to level 11 from level 5

the fight was much easier
helly!

User Info: streamofthesky

streamofthesky
4 weeks ago#25
Destiny posted...
dammit

a fight that is presented as unwinnable "this is the STRONGEST PERSON IN THE WORLD ur gonna LOSE for SURE"

is, in fact, winnable and is what you have to do

I mean...those sorts of misdirections (in either direction; thinking a fight is winnable when it's not is worse if anything) are only really an issue if the game has items and other expendables that you don't bother to use b/c you assume it's unwinnable or do use and waste b/c it is unwinnable.
Not sure why in a game like XC2 it even matters, there's nothing like that to worry about. Just try to win every fight. Even the unwinnable ones usually require you do do a certain amount of damage before the cutscene kicks in.

Destiny
4 weeks ago#26
streamofthesky posted...
I mean...those sorts of misdirections (in either direction; thinking a fight is winnable when it's not is worse if anything) are only really an issue if the game has items and other expendables that you don't bother to use b/c you assume it's unwinnable or do use and waste b/c it is unwinnable.
Not sure why in a game like XC2 it even matters, there's nothing like that to worry about. Just try to win every fight. Even the unwinnable ones usually require you do do a certain amount of damage before the cutscene kicks in.

probably because the boss could kill me in three hits is why i figured it was an unwinnable fight
helly!

PK_Spam
4 weeks ago#27
https://youtu.be/vTndvaD-2P4

Rex says “Wall of fire” 12 seconds into the video lmfao

Unrelated, but I forgot how f***ing awful the sound mixing in this game is. You can barely hear some of these characters over the OST in cutscenes. And I wish it were an isolated incident, but it happens over and over again.

User Info: streamofthesky

streamofthesky
4 weeks ago#28
Destiny posted...
streamofthesky posted...

probably because the boss could kill me in three hits is why i figured it was an unwinnable fight

Yeah...I think you were just underleveled... Level 5 sounds low for that point, maybe level 8+ by then is more expected. What difficulty are you playing on?

PK_Spam
4 weeks ago#29
Btw, make sure you use your pouch items, specifically ones that boost your Art Recharge.

Battles at the beginning are sllllllooooooowwwwwwwwwwww without it, and the game never tells you what stuff is good or not. Meanwhile, by the end, you’ll be spamming your CDs left and right because of another character’s passive skill.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: LinkPizza

LinkPizza
4 weeks ago#30
Yeah. It takes time to get use to it. I like it a lot. X is my favorite. I don't know which I like more between 1 and 2, though...
Official King of Kings
Switch FC: 7216-4417-4511 Add Me because I'll probably add you. I'm probably the LinkPizza you'll see around.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. xenoblade chronicles 2 ain't fun
  • Post New Message