• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Donald Trump is a s***ty president that deserves to be impeached Megathread

User Info: OrangeDawn

OrangeDawn
3 weeks ago#211
Mead posted...
Sir_Specter posted...
But beyond that, removing him at the tail end of his term, if they even can, is pretty impotent.

Except that he is abusing his position for personal gain in the next election. So removing him is actually pretty important.

And that, you know, it's their f***ing duty to impeach him if he's not going to hold himself accountable after doing illegal things. Anyone with a brain knows he's not going to get removed but impeaching him so that there are trials and more of the shady s*** comes to light benefits every american citizen
3DS Friend Code: 3308-5843-0863 Town: Virginia

User Info: Sir_Specter

Sir_Specter
3 weeks ago#212
Mead posted...
Sir_Specter posted...
But beyond that, removing him at the tail end of his term, if they even can, is pretty impotent.

Except that he is abusing his position for personal gain in the next election. So removing him is actually pretty important.

Read the whole post, please. "I understand that he HAS to be impeached to set precedent that presidents must be held accountable for this kind of thing." I agree that impeaching him is important. That's why they should have tried sooner, but Pelosi and Schumer are cowards who don't know what direction the party is moving in.

OrangeDawn posted...
And that, you know, it's their f***ing duty to impeach him if he's not going to hold himself accountable after doing illegal things. Anyone with a brain knows he's not going to get removed but impeaching him so that there are trials and more of the shady s*** comes to light benefits every american citizen

You too. Read the whole post. Don't cherry pick. You're arguing with someone who agrees with you.

I don't think his Ukrainian opposition research is gonna do him any good in the next election. I think he's f***ed. But hey, the democrats could botch it again and run Biden or something.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Mead

Mead
3 weeks ago#213
Sir_Specter posted...
Read the whole post

Make me
More malicious than mischievous

User Info: OrangeDawn

OrangeDawn
3 weeks ago#214
Sir_Specter posted...
Mead posted...
Sir_Specter posted...

Read the whole post, please. "I understand that he HAS to be impeached to set precedent that presidents must be held accountable for this kind of thing." I agree that impeaching him is important. That's why they should have tried sooner, but Pelosi and Schumer are cowards who don't know what direction the party is moving in.

OrangeDawn posted...

You too. Read the whole post. Don't cherry pick. You're arguing with someone who agrees with you.

I don't think his Ukrainian opposition research is gonna do him any good in the next election. I think he's f***ed. But hey, the democrats could botch it again and run Biden or something.

I disagree. The Ukraine stuff is the perfect thing to impeach him over. Polling even shows its much less divisive then any other dumb thing he did. They couldn't do anything until Jan 1, 2019 anyway since they needed a house majority. I agree impeachment was always going to be an important issue for democrats since they talked about it so much before the midterms but the issue they chose to pin him on was definitely just as important.
3DS Friend Code: 3308-5843-0863 Town: Virginia

User Info: Sir_Specter

Sir_Specter
3 weeks ago#215
OrangeDawn posted...
Sir_Specter posted...
Mead posted...
Sir_Specter posted...

OrangeDawn posted...

I disagree. The Ukraine stuff is the perfect thing to impeach him over. Polling even shows its much less divisive then any other dumb thing he did. They couldn't do anything until Jan 1, 2019 anyway since they needed a house majority. I agree impeachment was always going to be an important issue for democrats since they talked about it so much before the midterms but the issue they chose to pin him on was definitely just as important.

Well I also disagree with your assessment. Especially because it's very similar to the whole Russian debacle, the key difference being that he wasn't president at the time, but he was still openly inviting a hostile foreign power to meddle in our election, which they then did. I don't think waiting a little for more public opinion to shift excuses all of the s*** they let him get away with. Especially now that impeachment hearings have started and we're seeing public opinion shift as they go on and more comes out. I think the same shift would have happened if they had started them sooner. But we're both speculating here so it's hard to say who's right about that one. That's my take though.

Mead posted...
Sir_Specter posted...
Read the whole post

Make me

You're so cool, dude. What a rebel

User Info: Aaantlion

Aaantlion
3 weeks ago#216
How can somebody bribe somebody with money that a country already publicly vowed to pay? The anti-Trump coalition just gets zanier and zanier. And in general these impeachment hearings might seem to have more weight if coalition members weren't also calling for impeachment *before* Trump took office and some of the claims weren't so outlandish ("Oh, he decided to just randomly call somebody in a restaurant and talk loudly enough that we could hear him even without the phone!") that they wouldn't be believed except by fans of the constant faux scandals.
(\/)(\/)|-|
Scientists are finally waking up to what pyramids have known all along.

User Info: Raddest_Chad

Raddest_Chad
3 weeks ago#217
There could be a video of Trump committing treason, saying “I’m committing treason”, and still the GOP would be on his side, mostly. Unless he called Jesus a bigoted slur of some sort, maybe squashed a bunch of babies too, he will seemingly keep his supporters. I don’t get it. He’s really stupid. Why do people like that?

User Info: Mad_Max

Mad_Max
3 weeks ago#218
Aaantlion posted...
How can somebody bribe somebody with money that a country already publicly vowed to pay?

By withholding said money as a bribe in return for favors that would have benefited Trump, not the nation.

Aaantlion posted...
("Oh, he decided to just randomly call somebody in a restaurant and talk loudly enough that we could hear him even without the phone!")

They didn't simply eavesdrop on the president, genius. There are staffers whose job it is to make transcripts of White House conversations. People were listening in on the phone call for the express purpose of making a record of the call.
Terminal Crazy
http://i.imgur.com/R9TrmGD.jpg

User Info: Blighboy

Blighboy
3 weeks ago#219
Aaantlion posted...
How can somebody bribe somebody with money that a country already publicly vowed to pay?

https://youtu.be/AQQPNQ0PFSc
I have no idea whether or not he's a racist, but apparently there are recordings of him using racial slurs so it's a distinct possibility.

User Info: GanonsSpirit

GanonsSpirit
3 weeks ago#220
Did y'all catch Trump witness tampering in real time during the hearing yesterday?
http://i.imgur.com/tsQUpxC.jpg Thanks, Nade Duck!
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Donald Trump is a s***ty president that deserves to be impeached Megathread
  • Post New Message