• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Pokemon GO official topic #6

User Info: Oblivion_Hero

Oblivion_Hero
2 weeks ago#161
I'm fighting a cold and it's fairly cold out, so I didn't go out for too long. Got a shiny, one rocket stop away from setting up my first rocket leader showdown.

What CP levels are the leaders usually rocking? I usually have my usual stuff powered up only to around level 30...
"It's unpleasantly like being drunk." "What's so unpleasant about being drunk?" "You ask a glass of water."

User Info: keyblader1985

keyblader1985
2 weeks ago#162
Pretty dang high; I'm using fully powered teams and not doing well.

But I heard that their teams actually scale to your team's level. Not sure if it's true.
Official King of PotD
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai

Oblivion_Hero
2 weeks ago#163
I took out Clif first try (super lucky for team match ups though). He had Meowth (almost 4000 cp), Sandslash (12Ks) and Infernape. I went with 3200 CP Metagross, 3400 Kyogre, 2800 Mamoswine.

Metagross died to Meowth burning one of Clif’s shields, Kyogre finished off Meowth, burned the second shield against Sandslash and killed it with a low amount of hp left via fast move, and then got the hydro pump off immediately to one shot Infernape.
"It's unpleasantly like being drunk." "What's so unpleasant about being drunk?" "You ask a glass of water."

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
2 weeks ago#164
Oblivion_Hero posted...
Metagross died to Meowth burning one of Clif’s shields, Kyogre finished off Meowth, burned the second shield against Sandslash and killed it with a low amount of hp left via fast move, and then got the hydro pump off immediately to one shot Infernape.

Which is why it helps if you lead with a Pokemon with a high-EP generating fast move and a 3-bar charge move. They block every time, so you can just toss 2 junk charge attacks to remove the shields.
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.

keyblader1985
2 weeks ago#165
Beat Sierra again today; she's a cakewalk with the right setup. She had Sneasel, Lapras, and Houndoom. I used Machamp to beat Sneasel, switched to Metagross for Lapras, switched back to Machamp to finish Houndoom. My third didn't even matter.
Official King of PotD
(edited 2 weeks ago)
(message deleted)

keyblader1985
2 weeks ago#167
I've finally gotten a few Drillbur now, with enough candy to evolve one and power it up.. but they all have absolute s*** stats. The ones I've hatched are basically bare minimum, and the ones I caught have rock bottom attack.
Official King of PotD

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
2 weeks ago#168
keyblader1985 posted...
with enough candy to evolve one and power it up

Yeah, you don't want to waste candy powering it up. Just find one over lv30 with half-decent IVs. If it's a 35 with 9atk, that's the equivalent of a lv32 with 15 attack. Then you have the extra candy towards evo'ing another one.

Eventually Landorus-T is going to come out and he has better ground DPS anyway.
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.

keyblader1985
1 week ago#169
Finally got my first Kyogre today. 👍
Official King of PotD

Oblivion_Hero
1 week ago#170
Congrats! Know you've been for one a while
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Pokemon GO official topic #6
  • Post New Message