• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Anime, Manga, VN, JRPG, Related Things Discussion Topic LXXXVII

User Info: YoukaiSlayer

YoukaiSlayer
2 months ago#81
This season does have some good shows. Personally I feel like vinland saga is anime of the year contender so don't sleep on that however I also feel that the last few episodes have been a minor dip in quality.

Dr Stone is great. My only non issue with it is that it has shonen pacing so every episode feels like it's over in 2 minutes. Wish I had the whole thing to binge. I also hope it can remain interesting once they have a decent chunk of modern equipment made cause I could see that being a potential pitfall for the show.

I need to check out astra lost in space but at this point I may just wait till it's over (unless it's 2 cour?).

I'm like right on the edge of dropping fire force but I think other people will like it quite a lot. Main character is standard stupid shonen protag (naruto, luffy, etc) and he hits bad people until they become his friends (so far). The animation and sound effects are noteworthy.

I still wanna check out the dumbbell anime at some point but I'm gonna wait until my cardiologist tells me if I can exercise first (in 2+ weeks) to try and make use of the motivation.

Then theres also demon slayer ending soon which is great and the danmachi season 2

Best season in a while for me.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
2 months ago#82
Re-watching some YYH. Can't remember how that started, probably a recommended video. Rewatched the Team Toguro stuff (minus the full Toguro fight, since that takes forever) and rewatched part of the Sensui arc (Gamemaster specifically; didn't recognize the image for the thumbnail since I guess that was the goblin outfit), wiki-walked some details for the rest of it, and then started up again the episode after I guess Yusuke was briefly in demon world which covered the after-stories for some of the other characters before moving onto the next arc. Figured I'd rewatch the full final arc since I think I didn't finish it in its entirely last time (although I also never finished all of that Chapter Black crap and don't care to)

Also realized I had missed the sort commands in that GX gba game all this time. D'oh! Not sure why I didn't notice that when I went to add cards to the deck, guess I was too used to the options being on the top like in other versions.
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.

User Info: quigonzel

quigonzel
2 months ago#83
Dammit, now I definitely feel like I have to watch Vinland Saga.
Quigonzel Subs: freshly made subs for a dollar.
Official Mexican Deity of PotD

User Info: dragon504

dragon504
2 months ago#84
quigonzel posted...
Dammit, now I definitely feel like I have to watch Vinland Saga.

I almost started it the other day when I was desperate for something to watch. Eagerly awaiting the end of next season so I can watch it lol.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/dragon504
http://followmy.tv/u/dragon504/time_wasted

User Info: I_Abibde

I_Abibde
2 months ago#85
Heaven's Feel II arrived yesterday, though the missus and I won't be able to watch it until at least Saturday. The limited edition box is pretty sweet: You get the movie, a whole disc full of bonus features, the soundtrack, and a hardcover artbook. Funny thing is that the cost was about the same as it was for the first movie, which was just, y'know, the movie and nothing else. :-P
-- I Abibde / Samuraiter
Laughing at Game FAQs since 2002.

YoukaiSlayer
2 months ago#86
Just checked next season and damn is it stacked with sequels. My hero 4, shokugeki no souma 4, sword art online 4, psycho-pass 3, a bunch of other sequels I don't care about. Theres actually like 20 sequels next season though and look at how many are season 3+. The anime industry has come a long way lately on how they deal with sequels. It's nice to see even if most of those just would have been long running shonen in years prior.

dragon504 posted...

I almost started it the other day when I was desperate for something to watch. Eagerly awaiting the end of next season so I can watch it lol.

It's 2 cour so you still got like 14 weeks to wait.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)
(edited 2 months ago)

dragon504
2 months ago#87
YoukaiSlayer posted...
It's 2 cour so you still got like 14 weeks to wait.

Yup, that's why I said next season. It and Dr. Stone, just taunting me until the end of December. On the bright side, I get to watch two two cour shows that end this season and the end of Fairy Tail.

YoukaiSlayer
2 months ago#88
Ah I missed that. My bad.

I miss when I still had tons of good old anime to watch. Now the search for something good that I haven't seen takes so long it rarely feels worth it. At least seasonal stuff is good for now.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

dragon504
2 months ago#89
YoukaiSlayer posted...
Ah I missed that. My bad.

I miss when I still had tons of good old anime to watch. Now the search for something good that I haven't seen takes so long it rarely feels worth it. At least seasonal stuff is good for now.

Yeah, I tend to just pick a few things somewhat at random here and there to keep me going lol. Probably going to start Conan next. It's got a ton of eps, so as long as it keeps my interest, it'll hold me over for a while. Need to see about catching up in One Piece too. Think I'm around 150 eps behind at this point. Though, for One Piece, I've got to find a good place to stop off at. Enjoyed it a lot better when I waited for arcs to finish and then watched a whole arc, rather than just catching up to whatever the latest episode is.

YoukaiSlayer
2 months ago#90
Sometimes I do but I really want to watch great shows not just good ones so I usually end up dropping them after an episode or 2.

Maybe I should start some long running shonen right now. I'm pretty much just killing time all day every day lately. Not sure which one would be the least infuriating for me to watch though. I've watched roughly 100 eps of just about all of em.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Anime, Manga, VN, JRPG, Related Things Discussion Topic LXXXVII
  • Post New Message