• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Anime, Manga, VN, JRPG, Related Things Discussion Topic LXXXVII

User Info: agesboy

agesboy
1 month ago#341
pso2 opening #7 is out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0acQz4-IPI

cant wait for gundam class to be released
http://i.imgur.com/LabbRyN.jpg
raytan and Kana are on opposite ends of the Awesome Spectrum.

User Info: I_Abibde

I_Abibde
1 month ago#342
*looks at all the Atelier games on the shelf*

I am so far behind in this series that it's hilarious. I'm at least four or five games back from Ryza. *facepalm* I mean, it's great that they're still making them, but there's such a thing as too much of a good thing, sometimes.

Meanwhile, I was thinking about getting Conception Plus (i.e. the remake of the original Conception, which was import-only in the PSP days), but, of course, Sony censored the bejeebers out of it, and my laptop has no hope of running the (uncensored) Steam version, so ... have to pass for now. That, and Game Stop apparently isn't even going to try carrying it.
-- I Abibde / Samuraiter
Laughing at Game FAQs since 2002.
I_Abibde posted...
I mean, it's great that they're still making them, but there's such a thing as too much of a good thing, sometimes.

Nah, if you're making something and people are still liking and buying it might as well keep making them. The only bad thing is when drops in quality start happening.
If the people only understood the rank injustice of our money and banking systems, there would be a revolution before morning - Andrew Jackson

User Info: YoukaiSlayer

YoukaiSlayer
1 month ago#344
Ryza is my first atelier game. Finally upgraded the knapsack to full basket size which feels real nice. Also enemies are starting to catch up to me slowly which is nice. Kind of annoying that the game forces you to have 2 frontline units and 1 backline unit. I have missions for one character that need lent in the party but the only way to have both those characters in is to remove ryza from the party and she is OP as hell cause of the gear right now.

In the medical stuff, my procedure itself went well. I got the hentai experience of a robot tentacle in both ends (the endoscope and colonoscope). They were 2 f***ing hours behind schedule though and I'd already been fasting for so long, hadn't slept for more than an hour in the last day, and was super thristy cause I had to stop drinking 4 hours before it was supposed to start and the whole time in the waiting room I had to listen to this old women rant about political nonsense to her friend about how the media is all lies and a bunch of other completely unfounded crazy talk. I've seen this GI 4 times now, the first time he was an hour and a half late, the second time he was on time because it was the first appointment of the day, the next time he was 2 hours behind, and this time he was 2 hours behind. Medical scheduling is f***ing appalling.

Apparently everything looks all good now. My stomach bleeding is gone, the esophagitis is gone, nothing bad found anywhere else. In most ways thats great news but at the same time, it doesn't provide any answers. I'm to schedule a follow up in about a week and then I guess we will discuss surgery to remove my gallbladder.

Also I'm down to 155 pounds now, a full 60 pounds down from what I started at a little over 5 months ago. I know I say it every time but it only becomes more true, I'm running out of weight to lose. Oh well, I've got 2 appointments friday so lets hope they turn up something that can actually be treated.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

YoukaiSlayer
4 weeks ago#345
Ryza has gotta be the most wholesome RPG I've played. The whole vibe of the game is so pleasant. The side quests are great and it's really cool to see more random NPCs in town because of the pudding. I'm not fully finished with the questline but the turn the questline for the girl that wants to find a guy took is hilarious. War powder too strong. Really hoping I find the next mats to make better gear soon. I wonder if any can turn up in a bottle world like golden puni balls did. I'm kinda sad a lot of the action order requests have changed. It used to just be use an item or deal magic damage but now it's a bunch of stuff that I'm not set up to do. Probably time to make new bombs and buff items soon.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

agesboy
4 weeks ago#346
Was pretty par the course Atelier, despite the different battle system. Got me to try the mysterious trilogy that I've been putting off forever... which is also regular atelier but not in as good of a way as Ryza.

Ryza's main plot was a lot more interesting, and compared to it, Sophie felt like a modern version of s***ty old Rorona (pre remake). It wasn't terrible but man it was kind of bland 95% of the time. The only character in the game I REALLY like is Fritz. Oscar's good (the implications about his "delusions" of hearing plants, combined with how alchemy is understood to work in the mysterious universe was also interesting), Monica was average female childhood friend character and weaker than most, Plachta was fun, Corneria was alright, Harol was good, Julio seemed cool at first but got really lame as things went on, and Leon was cool.

Sophie herself was just... average. Rorona, Totori, Meruru, Vayne, Escha and Logy, and one Shallie were are interesting. Ayesha and Totori were carried by their strong desires, Totori especially going through more character development than most. Sophie's entire character revolves around her just being kind to people, especially Plachta. I can see why people tend to like the Mysterious series less, especially since apparently the second game is about as well received.

YoukaiSlayer posted...
Kind of annoying that the game forces you to have 2 frontline units and 1 backline unit. I have missions for one character that need lent in the party but the only way to have both those characters in is to remove ryza from the party and she is OP as hell cause of the gear right now.

The UI is terribly about this, but this isn't actually the case. You can have three frontlines. You just have to take the backliner out of the party completely, then add in the last frontliner.

If I'd known this earlier on I would have absolutely used a different party composition for half the game, but I ended up with my favorites anyways.
YoukaiSlayer posted...
Really hoping I find the next mats to make better gear soon. I wonder if any can turn up in a bottle world like golden puni balls did.

As far as I know, any gatherable materials can end up in there. Even Dunkelheits, which are always the most powerful plant/flower type material in any atelier game. But you require higher levelled travel bottles to get better stuff. Dunkelheits are in like level 90+ travel bottle worlds lol. Gem costs get ridiculous if you try to use a code, too. Eventually you can farm gems very efficiently via alchemy alone, but only probably near the end of the game.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

YoukaiSlayer
4 weeks ago#347
Huh, I tried to take out the backline unit earlier and couldn't. Maybe I misinputted. Currently it seems my bottles are locked at level 20 despite having much higher level materials. The number is red. I couldn't find any of the mats I needed but I'm strong enough for now I guess. Just proceeding through the story after doing a ton of sidequests.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

agesboy
4 weeks ago#348
The first like three are tied to basically main story progress, and the last two are in close proximity to the end of the game. It's a bit obnoxious, but I guess the game could be too easily broken otherwise.

User Info: dragon504

dragon504
4 weeks ago#349
Finished up Fairy Tail. Overall, I liked the characters more than the stories. Gonna watch that okaasan online next, hopefully it's silly and fun.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/dragon504
http://followmy.tv/u/dragon504/time_wasted

User Info: I_Abibde

I_Abibde
4 weeks ago#350
*waves a little flag for Atelier Annie, the one people forget*

I'd wave a flag for the Iris trilogy, too, but that's pretty different from standard Atelier.

Oddly enough, the only Rorona I have is the original vanilla version (i.e. the s***ty old version described above).
-- I Abibde / Samuraiter
Laughing at Game FAQs since 2002.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Anime, Manga, VN, JRPG, Related Things Discussion Topic LXXXVII
  • Post New Message