• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Anime, Manga, VN, JRPG, Related Things Discussion Topic LXXXVII

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
4 weeks ago#331
Finished Kengan s2. Watched the first 10 eps last night and the last 2 a little while ago. Most of the fights seemed longer, but most of them weren't particularly amazing or anything. Ohma's match in particular was dull, although part of it was just the protagonist problem where that outcome was readily assumed regardless.

That doctor was f***ing crazy and his opponent was neat as well. Their match was thankfully short, while keeping a lot of really cool twists. Out of all the fights, though, I think I liked the pro wrestler's match the most, but in general he's more entertaining than the other characters.
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: dragon504

dragon504
4 weeks ago#332
Haven't really been watching much lately, anime or otherwise, though I did watch one ep of Fairy Tail final season today.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/dragon504
http://followmy.tv/u/dragon504/time_wasted
I'm still only watching Azur Lane.
If the people only understood the rank injustice of our money and banking systems, there would be a revolution before morning - Andrew Jackson

User Info: YoukaiSlayer

YoukaiSlayer
4 weeks ago#334
I haven't mentioned health stuff in a while because it's been really slow but I'm currently prepping for a colonoscopy and endoscopy tomorrow. This prep is a hellish nightmare. Basically no food for 36 hours and you have to take tons of laxatives AND our toilet just broke like 2 days ago. We have it kinda jury rigged so we can flush it manually by putting on a latex glove and reaching into the toilet back area and pulling up on the rubber thingy. I also am missing a pill and my mom who is supposed to be handling things since I'm barely conscious is super sick and currently sleeping.

It could (and probably will) be worse. I just gotta make it about 18 more hours. Really hoping I can manage to sleep sometime during thing.

More on topic though, I've been playing atelier ryza and it's been a huge help distracting me. Really fun and chill game although sometimes it gets a bit tedious to craft tons of things in a row but so far I still love it.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

User Info: agesboy

agesboy
4 weeks ago#335
ryza is really easy to break once you get to near-endgame, i went from barely being able to beat the final boss to taking 1 damage from the dlc boss in a few hours. i felt super weak the entire game until then though

game was average all around, but i hated how short it felt at the end. all of a sudden there wasn't really anything left to do, thanks to the lack of character endings (because they're selling them as dlc...). quests are nice but they end pretty abruptly... and two or three vital recipes are locked behind them, with no indication. i wasted so long trying to figure out how to get alchemy paint/jar of spirits/top tier ingots and cloths before i realized they were behind quests/treasure hunts

battle system was nice that they were trying realtime for once but it definitely felt too fast. breaking down items mid-battle felt like it took an entire turn's worth of time. move being on X was really awkward

8/10 meruru/shallie/maybe lulua was better

starting the mysterious series now

edit: protip but you can slap in multiple items at one with R1 (maybe L1?) when adding items, and you can manually finish a synthesis after 2-4 input items with start. i didnt realize this for half the game <_<
http://i.imgur.com/LabbRyN.jpg
raytan and Kana are on opposite ends of the Awesome Spectrum.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
I don't believe the makers of Ryza at all when they say they didn't design her to be sexy.
If the people only understood the rank injustice of our money and banking systems, there would be a revolution before morning - Andrew Jackson

agesboy
4 weeks ago#337
I didn't really see her as anything beyond cute ingame, though CGs and art did kind of play her up

YoukaiSlayer
4 weeks ago#338
AllstarSniper32 posted...
I don't believe the makers of Ryza at all when they say they didn't design her to be sexy.

Agreed. She looks nice.

agesboy posted...
edit: protip but you can slap in multiple items at one with R1 (maybe L1?) when adding items, and you can manually finish a synthesis after 2-4 input items with start. i didnt realize this for half the game <_<

Yeah I'm aware of all that. I'm playing on hard and actually have felt pretty OP for most of the game. My alchemy level feels like it's higher than it should be. It's at 45 and I just finished exploring the maple forest area for the first time. Refinishing items feels pretty huge in terms of power. Being able to up bombs quality and power to max makes a big difference and you can get some pretty dang strong gear as soon as you can get to the volcano.

I am really taking my time with things though. Making sure to do every side quest and treasure hunt and make every recipe I can and leveling up gear before moving on. I really need to find a damn wind general good though. Knapsack too small.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

YoukaiSlayer
4 weeks ago#339
This prep is awful but honestly not as bad as I expected, at least so far. It's now been over a day since I've had any food. The main thing is I don't know if I can get to sleep before the next dose of laxatives (which is about 6 hours away). It almost seems designed to keep you awake for like 22 hours straight.

In ryza I got my 5th party member and made my fist S rank item (claws for the character). Feelin ahead of the curve although I'm worried I might no have too much of the game left.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

agesboy
4 weeks ago#340
i imagine that's about... halfway? I never swapped out the last two party members once I got them, but i remember using them for over half the game... I think. you might be in a better position to blitz the story than i was though

claws was definitely my favorite though... at least once I got all of her skills. was kind of weird getting orders to use wind and I had no way to inflict it innately
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Anime, Manga, VN, JRPG, Related Things Discussion Topic LXXXVII
  • Post New Message