• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Anime, Manga, VN, JRPG, Related Things Discussion Topic LXXXVII

User Info: YoukaiSlayer

YoukaiSlayer
1 month ago#241
Aaantlion posted...
I realize "under a week" was overly optimistic. I finished the remainder in under a day >_<

I did something similar today. Stumbled upon a webtoon comic called mage and demon queen and read all of it and now I have to wait but I don't want to. It's a wonderfully yuri story but still pretty short so far. Was hoping it'd last me a few days.

deoxxys posted...

Me all the time XD

But yeah I actually love cooking thanks to Food Wars.
I have learned a lot since it kindled my passion for it after watching season one.

I actually know how to cook Mapo Tofu served over rice now, and its SUPER tasty and VERY spicy.

Hopefully it ends up the same for me. Will still probably be waiting a good few months until I can really do anything but in the meantime I can hopefully learn a lot.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: T0ffee

T0ffee
1 month ago#242
Anybody here playing or have played Dragon Quest XI?

Looking for tips on how to build the party.

This is my setup so far

Hero - Greatswords
Erik - Dual-wielding Knives but has 2 boomerangs in the inventory for groups
Veronica - Nearly filled in Heavy Wands, working on Vim
Serena - Nearly filled in Wands, working on harpistry
Sylvando - Did the early hustle Dance trick, and filled out some Whips

I just got Jade and Rab, and I wanted some advice on how to build them.
"Splashing water on a pervert is like putting lasers on a shark" - Shiho Shishido

User Info: keyblader1985

keyblader1985
1 month ago#243
I bought it earlier this year, but like so many other games I haven't started on it yet.

Been watching the Zamasu/Goku Black arc in Super. For the record, I like how they seem to handle power levels for this particular arc; Trunks isn't even Super Saiyan 3 yet he can still hold his own for the most part against enemies much stronger than him. That's how shounen series should handle battles; higher levels shouldn't render lower ones completely obsolete.

The only problem is, this logic goes against everything we've seen throughout the series up until now.
Official King of PotD
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai

User Info: Aaantlion

Aaantlion
1 month ago#244
T0ffee posted...

No, because they didn't localize the 3DS version. I guess I could eventually play it on the Switch or something, though.

keyblader1985 posted...
Been watching the Zamasu/Goku Black arc in Super. For the record, I like how they seem to handle power levels for this particular arc; Trunks isn't even Super Saiyan 3 yet he can still hold his own for the most part against enemies much stronger than him. That's how shounen series should handle battles; higher levels shouldn't render lower ones completely obsolete.

I dislike power levels and its proxies as a general concept because it makes for s***ty storytelling and promotes the illogical progression of always-stronger villains.
(\/)(\/)|-|
Scientists are finally waking up to what pyramids have known all along.

User Info: quigonzel

quigonzel
1 month ago#245
T0ffee posted...

Looking for tips on how to build the party.

This is my setup so far

Hero - Greatswords
Erik - Dual-wielding Knives but has 2 boomerangs in the inventory for groups
Veronica - Nearly filled in Heavy Wands, working on Vim
Serena - Nearly filled in Wands, working on harpistry
Sylvando - Did the early hustle Dance trick, and filled out some Whips

I just got Jade and Rab, and I wanted some advice on how to build them.

If I remember right, i went with claws on Jade and really didn't use Rab a lot but you'll see why later on in the game.
Quigonzel Subs: freshly made subs for a dollar.
Official Mexican Deity of PotD

User Info: deoxxys

deoxxys
1 month ago#246
keyblader1985 posted...
I bought it earlier this year, but like so many other games I haven't started on it yet.

The only problem is, this logic goes against everything we've seen throughout the series up until now.

wish the rest of super was on par with the goku black arc :/ (asides from the opening arc which was also pretty good).
twylite sprinkle
http://tinyurl.com/jeqyas3 https://tinyurl.com/mgvx7h2

keyblader1985
1 month ago#247
Seriously, this arc has absolutely blown me away. The plot, the action, the voice acting (especially for Zamasu). It started off decent (and raising a lot of questions), but now I haven't been this invested or hated a DB villain this much since Frieza himself.
Official King of PotD

User Info: deoxxys

deoxxys
1 month ago#248
Yeah its pretty great, are you watching the Sub or Dub?

Love the voice of an evil Goku, he sounds so sinister but calm.
twylite sprinkle
http://tinyurl.com/jeqyas3 https://tinyurl.com/mgvx7h2
(edited 1 month ago)

keyblader1985
1 month ago#249
Dub. Sean Schemmel just is Goku.
Official King of PotD

User Info: I_Abibde

I_Abibde
1 month ago#250
quigonzel posted...
If I remember right, i went with claws on Jade and really didn't use Rab a lot but you'll see why later on in the game.

I more or less did this, too. It'd be neat to try a spear build with Jade, but she's just too good with brawling. Rab requires a bit more care.
-- I Abibde / Samuraiter
Laughing at Game FAQs since 2002.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Anime, Manga, VN, JRPG, Related Things Discussion Topic LXXXVII
  • Post New Message