• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Anime, Manga, VN, JRPG, Related Things Discussion Topic LXXXVII

User Info: deoxxys

deoxxys
3 weeks ago#151
As for video games I have been doing a ton of gaming.

This year I have played three really good Turn-based RPGs excessively:
-Into the Breach
-Slay the Spire
-Darkest Dungeon

Al three are exceptional games and I highly recommend all of them.
twylite sprinkle
http://tinyurl.com/jeqyas3 https://tinyurl.com/mgvx7h2
T0ffee posted...
Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster = 44.99 -> 26.99

Put my vote for X/X-2 since X-2 is still my favorite FF game.

deoxxys posted...
For Fruits Basket I highly prefer the manga for once.

If an anime has a manga, I'd pretty much always recommend reading the manga if you like the anime.

I love both the manga and the anime of Fruits Basket. Imma have to check out the new version.
If the people only understood the rank injustice of our money and banking systems, there would be a revolution before morning - Andrew Jackson

User Info: I_Abibde

I_Abibde
3 weeks ago#153
Also voting for Vesperia. That's a pretty good deal.

I tried watching Witchcraft Works when the anime first released, but there was a glut of 'magical high school' anime that season, so it didn't really grab me.
-- I Abibde / Samuraiter
Laughing at Game FAQs since 2002.

User Info: T0ffee

T0ffee
3 weeks ago#154
Alright thanks for the suggestions guys!

Went with Vesperia in the end.

I've been wanting to play the enhanced version the longest out of all the games on that list.

Oh, and as an added bonus, I paid for it with one of those points for shopping apps, and I had enough points to get free movie tickets!

Watched Ad Astra with my mom and my two brothers.

I love being a cheap bastard and these low cost days.
"Splashing water on a pervert is like putting lasers on a shark" - Shiho Shishido

User Info: YoukaiSlayer

YoukaiSlayer
3 weeks ago#155
Saw the first (double length) episode of kanata no astra. It's ok I guess. A few things the students did were awfully dumb but I'll try to give them a pass because I'd be pretty off my game in that kinda situation. Specifically "We have 3 days of food and water"...you can go 3 days without food and water so what does this even mean. A normal man can go 60 days burning 3k calories a day before he runs out of fat and muscle to break down. One man even fasted for over a year. They are also by a planet with lots of ice which very well might be drinkable water when thawed.

You shouldn't need any thruster fuel to reach the girl, you can just jump towards her and correct slightly if needed. They could have drawn the rope back in and used it to catch the two instead of making a human rope. He also could have jumped out with something large and jumped off of that to correct course so it was doable without any thrusters. They also could have simply flown the space ship closer.

200 IQ genius man can't come up with the plan to get resources from planets as they go? Why did they go to a planet for 5 days with only 3 days of food and water? "The tanks can only hold 20 days of water" you don't need very much water to last 20 days or even the full 3 months. How damn small are these tanks? Make another container if you need to. Thats really the only thing that truly doesn't make sense. People do not need all that much to survive. They should also all shut up and rest 99% of the time and they will use a lot less oxygen, food and water.

Oh well, I'm just gonna accept the premise and try not to think too hard if I can manage. The characters are fine for now with room to grow. Currently I'm confused on why it's rated so highly but IIRC it actually started off with a low rating so I suppose it likely picks up after a bit. Would have probably started with danmachi 2 but it's not actually over until later this week.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

YoukaiSlayer
3 weeks ago#156
My medical saga continues. I got some good news and some bad news today. Well more like I got some minor bad news and I didn't get horrible news. My echocardiogram was scheduled for today and they put on my event monitor (no f***ing idea why I had to wait a month for it. A nurse came in and showed me how it works in like 15 seconds). The good news is that the echo tech didn't have to call in a cardiologist during the echo. If it'd been obviously real bad, she would have, so I avoided one possible bad fate. I have to wait till roughly friday before I get the results unless they are bad in which case I'll get em sooner maybe. I'm honestly so scared of getting a call with bad news.

The bad news I DID get was from the walk in clinic I went to on friday about my new sore throat and fever. Despite the doctor being convinced it wasn't strep, it was in fact strep, because doctors are trash (this is the second doctor in a row at the clinic convinced I didn't have strep). This time we had them send in the culture which he did just to placate me and my mother so those are the results I have today. I also almost certainly have oral thrush which is gonna get worse when I take my antibiotics so I'll need an antifungal after that probably.

My normally dry skin seems even drier and lots of it is flaking off in large chunks and I'm getting skinnier every day. I could probably pass for a corpse and one not too fresh at that. I applaud the nurses and techs for not getting super grossed out when they have to perform tests. I really wish this was a dream I'd wake up from. I tried to eat a bit more food yesterday, really just trying to get at least 1k calories a day and my stomach hurt so bad from it. I don't know what to do if they don't figure this out soon. I'm basically starving every day and at this rate it'll be like 3-4 weeks before I'm underweight although given my lack of muscle I probably should be considered underweight above the normal BMI threshold.

My poor sick mom that is taking care of me and taking me to my appointments is getting worse and I think I gave her strep as well. She just doesn't have the energy or health to do what she is but it's the only option because I can't even get up for more than a few seconds some days and I feel so guilty about it. Feels like we are both running on fumes. I'm really pinning my hopes on the upper endoscopy scheduled for monday but I'm also scared about it and theres a good chance it won't find anything.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)
Why do you put your medical stuff in spoiler tags?
If the people only understood the rank injustice of our money and banking systems, there would be a revolution before morning - Andrew Jackson

YoukaiSlayer
3 weeks ago#158
AllstarSniper32 posted...
Why do you put your medical stuff in spoiler tags?

Just cause it's not anime related and I don't wanna pester people with it. Should be easier to ignore that way.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

User Info: dragon504

dragon504
3 weeks ago#159
Finished up new Fruits Basket s1. My memory is s***, but I think it basically covers what the first anime covered. Looking forward to s2.

Should be just about done with Eiyuu Senki. Been a pretty decent eroge, though the worst part is the cast is so large and some of the girls have no scenes. :(
http://myanimelist.net/profile/dragon504
http://followmy.tv/u/dragon504/time_wasted

User Info: Aaantlion

Aaantlion
3 weeks ago#160
AllstarSniper32 posted...
If an anime has a manga, I'd pretty much always recommend reading the manga if you like the anime.

tbh, reminds me of how I tried to read the Ghost Hunt manga since the anime only had the one season. Since it's a shojo, the format kinda made it difficult to follow at times. I might try to revisit it at some point. Granted, it looks like both the show and manga were based on a light novel series and, while the manga goes further than the show, it seems like it probably doesn't go further than the light novels so... I guess I'm kinda screwed regardless?

Otherwise I'll mention that I've watched at least part of the Nodame Cantabile anime, the live-action version, and read a good chunk of the manga, all of which was pretty neat in its own way.
(\/)(\/)|-|
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Anime, Manga, VN, JRPG, Related Things Discussion Topic LXXXVII
  • Post New Message