• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Anime, Manga, VN, JRPG, Related Things Discussion Topic LXXXVII

User Info: T0ffee

T0ffee
3 months ago#1
Where we talk stuff about animu, mango, vidya, and your favorite ara~ ara~ waifu.

Also, dunno if you knew this @Broken_Zeus but the guy who posts the 500th message is usually the one who makes the next Topic.

And to answer your last post, manhwa, and manhua (chinese) are also fair game.

I've posted a lot about Solo Leveling, and The Gamer before, and I've seen some talks about Tower of God and others.
"Splashing water on a pervert is like putting lasers on a shark" - Shiho Shishido

User Info: AllstarSniper32

AllstarSniper32
3 months ago#2
You are now tracking this topic.
If the people only understood the rank injustice of our money and banking systems, there would be a revolution before morning - Andrew Jackson

User Info: Broken_Zeus

Broken_Zeus
3 months ago#3
T0ffee posted...
Also, dunno if you knew this @ Broken_Zeus but the guy who posts the 500th message is usually the one who makes the next Topic.

Sadly I did not. I haven't consistently followed the anime topics for *that* long. I'll keep it in mind if I ever wind up turning off the lights on another anime topic.

T0ffee posted...
And to answer your last post, manhwa, and manhua (chinese) are also fair game.

Good, good, gooooood. Follow-up question: If a manga writer/artist is called a manga, what's a manhwa artist/writer called? I tried googling manhwaka but apparently that's not it.

Otherwise, my final questions from the previous questions were as follows:
And is there any reason why the scanlations for manhwa aren't as good as manga? Is it just because it's not as big?

Granted, the manhwa I was reading weren't particularly great so that might be another part of it. I was reading RPG for a while (and probably will get back to it), but then I started to read Ghost Wife and finished up to chapter 90 (the last scanlation I could find). It's one of those things where neither is all that great yet I still got invested in the story =x

All of those series (and more) basically distracted me from the fact that I had *meant* to be reading through Kengan Ashura. All the same, I'll probably go back to binging horror manga first.
Gamefaqs cannot handle my #BrokenBrilliance

User Info: YoukaiSlayer

YoukaiSlayer
3 months ago#4
The only manhwa I've read any of are solo leveling and tower of god which seem to have large translation efforts although I noticed especially for solo leveling the quality shifted around a bit in terms of translation when I got near the end of what was available. Also inherently korean names seem to be very samey which can make it a little less readable IMO (if it uses normal korean names anyway).

Manwha in general seems to suffer from it's format a bit. They are primarily published on webtoons which rewards quantity over quality so a lot of em get stretched out obnoxiously. Not all though. The benefit is that they are mostly full color.

It is still smaller than manga but personally I think it might be about to blow up a bit or is already in that process. The fact that two of the most popular ones are getting anime (by japanese studios) in the near future is proof of that. We are getting tower of god and noblesse. If you do check either of em out be aware tower of god is absurdly long. Like 600+ chapters and still going. The first "season" (which is 80 chapters) is also a lot different to the rest.

No idea what the writers of it are called. Probably just the writers or artists for now.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)
(edited 3 months ago)

YoukaiSlayer
3 months ago#5
Been watching fire force finally. Only a few eps in and I'm not sure if I'll continue it. It's a pretty solid shonen and the fight scenes are really cool but it feels too...simplistic? Like it has mysteries and character motivations but it's all handled in such a shonen way it's hard to feel invested in the show itself. I think most people would like it a lot though and I'll still watch at least a little more.

Caught up on vinland saga. Another good episode. At this point I just naturally assume every episode will be great. I also find it to be one of the easier shows to watch weekly. It rarely ends on cliffhangers (aside from episode 3 and that was a 3 week wait till episode 4) and most episodes while serving the overall plot are somewhat self contained so far. Of course it's high quality makes me want to watch more right away but at least I'm not sitting there with unanswered questions every week.

Also gotta complain more about my health but i'll chuck it in spoilers. Sorry if it's getting obnoxious since it's off topic whining. I'm happy my fever is gone, truly, but now I've got a horrible sputtering cough and I've completely lost my voice. I was hoping to go to the doctor today about this but I was just too tired to wanna go out knowing I also have to get a CT scan tomorrow. I really hope I can manage to sleep with this cough but I'm skeptical. It's just one thing after another with no breaks. Every day is a crisis and I'm just so tired of it all. I hope it's actually over before long but it'll at least be a month since thats as soon as I could get an echo scheduled for.

EDIT: Ok well I just started episode 4 of fire force and immediately all the secrets are clear. It really better not be that simple but feel free to confirm if you've read the source. People are being turned into infernals intentionally to generate infernal ashes to power that big ass thermal reactor they mentioned earlier so haijime industries can make big ass bucks. Possibly in collusion with the japanese government since it's desirability has gone up massively in the years leading up to this.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: I_Abibde

I_Abibde
3 months ago#6
Going to need a big anime catch-up day after this long work week ends.

My main memory of manwha is still Let's Be Perverts. :-P
-- I Abibde / Samuraiter
Laughing at Game FAQs since 2002.

User Info: Bulbasaur

Bulbasaur
3 months ago#7
are all 82 chapters of fate stay night available somewhere?

everything i can find just goes up to like 60 something, which, uh, isn't cool
i'm in disguise

YoukaiSlayer
3 months ago#8
Well, something funny happened. I caught up to live on fire force and it felt more disappointing as the episodes went on. I was thinking "man, after demon slayer I just don't think I an handle the normal shonen protagonist and villains any more". Today I think "you know what, lets catch up on demon slayer" cause I only watched the first 8 episodes.

Episode 9 (no spoilers) immediately starts off with 2 villains immediately being cheesy shonen garbage villains just like I was complaining about in fire force "HAHAHA, I'm SOOO evil, I can't wait to kill these weaklings oh it'll be so fun" "How shall we kill them mwahahaha". Sigh. I just can't win. Am I just the crazy one? Do people really enjoy seeing completely insane "mwahahaha I"m Evil for the sake of being Evil!!!!" characters every 2 feet? I'm not even asking for every villain to have a deep backstory and relatable motivations or anything just...why this way?
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

YoukaiSlayer
3 months ago#9
Bulbasaur posted...

From briefly looking it up the manga was apparently considered so s*** that the translators dropped it before fully translating the whole thing. I couldn't find any link to a translated chapter 82.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: T0ffee

T0ffee
3 months ago#10
Bulbasaur posted...

Have you played the VN?
"Splashing water on a pervert is like putting lasers on a shark" - Shiho Shishido
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Anime, Manga, VN, JRPG, Related Things Discussion Topic LXXXVII
  • Post New Message