• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Valley of The Geeks

User Info: Revelation34

Revelation34
3 weeks ago#71
The Wave Master posted...
Because Final Fantasy VII is beloved by almost everyone. Final Fantasy VIII is often seen as a giant misstep in the franchise.

Then there is the fact that Final Fantasy VII is a remake, and Final Fantasy VIII is just an HD remake. One took a few years to redue, the other has taken 8 to 9 years.

Well I guess it also takes time ruining a battle system for no reason.
Gamertag: Kegfarms, BF code: 2033480226, Treasure Cruise code 318,374,355, Steam: Kegfarms

User Info: I_Abibde

I_Abibde
3 weeks ago#72
Ah, well. It's not for everybody, but the missus and I both love it, so we'll be getting the Switch version when it becomes available.
-- I Abibde / Samuraiter
Laughing at Game FAQs since 2002.

User Info: The Wave Master

The Wave Master
3 weeks ago#73
Marvel (Disney) and Sony could not come to terms with keeping my boy, Spider-Man in The MCU. Disney wanted a 5%"First dollar Gross" on the next two potential films, and Sony wanted a 50/50 split. Kevin Feige said, "No Way" because they did all the work and should get more, Sony refused to talk to him anymore, and the deal fell apart.

Far From Home made 1.1 Billion dollars, and is Sony's highest grossing film ever. It would make sense for this deal to get done, but money tends to change a lot of things, and blinds most men.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/08/20/breaking-spider-man-out-of-the-mcu-marvel-sony-cant-reach-deal
We are who we choose to be.

User Info: Korruptor

Korruptor
3 weeks ago#74
Good timing since the MCU has passed its prime also are you ready for another Spider-Man reboot?

User Info: Broken_Zeus

Broken_Zeus
3 weeks ago#75
ParanoidObsessive posted...
Final Fantasy VIII remaster is arriving on September 3rd. It's been literally 19 years since I picked up the game. If Square told me they were fixing The Junction System I would be down for the struggle again, but as it stands, I just don't think I want another 60 to 80 hours of broken gameplay. I can just get the story highlights on YouTube.

If Square told me they were fixing the incredibly s***ty writing and piss-poor characterization I might be down to get the story highlights on YouTube, but as it stands, I can pretty much go for the rest of my natural life never seeing a single second of FFVIII gameplay or cut-scenes again and be a happier man for it.

idk, you'd want them to keep the terrible character designs? >_> I think Rinoa was the only one who had a half-decent look.

Revelation34 posted...
Well I guess it also takes time ruining a battle system for no reason.

Boo!

Marvel (Disney) and Sony could not come to terms with keeping my boy, Spider-Man in The MCU. Disney wanted a 5%"First dollar Gross" on the next two potential films, and Sony wanted a 50/50 split. Kevin Feige said, "No Way" because they did all the work and should get more, Sony refused to talk to him anymore, and the deal fell apart.

Far From Home made 1.1 Billion dollars, and is Sony's highest grossing film ever. It would make sense for this deal to get done, but money tends to change a lot of things, and blinds most men.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/08/20/breaking-spider-man-out-of-the-mcu-marvel-sony-cant-reach-deal

Well, Disney's terms were an insult (and Sony's kinda sounds like extortion). I'm sure they'll either come around or Sony will make more money doing something themselves.
Gamefaqs cannot handle my #BrokenBrilliance
(edited 3 weeks ago)

Revelation34
3 weeks ago#76
Broken_Zeus posted...
Boo!

Wat.
Gamertag: Kegfarms, BF code: 2033480226, Treasure Cruise code 318,374,355, Steam: Kegfarms

Broken_Zeus
3 weeks ago#77
The new system looks more fun than the original.

User Info: WhiskeyDisk

WhiskeyDisk
3 weeks ago#78
Korruptor posted...
Good timing since the MCU has passed its prime also are you ready for another Spider-Man reboot?

God knows we haven't seen Uncle Ben die enough times in the past 20 years...
The SBA has closed for business, we thank you for your patronage Assassins.
~there's always free cheese in a mousetrap.

Broken_Zeus
3 weeks ago#79
WhiskeyDisk posted...
Korruptor posted...

It'd be interesting if we had a version where it was Aunt May who died and they instead explored how that would impact Peter's life.... although, granted, he already has the powers at that point so a lot of his early development is already done.

Granted, if they did do a reboot, at this point Sony could actually go with Miles Morales which... meh. I know that a Spidey 2099 would never cross that table, even though the Miguel O'Hara Spidey has enjoyed some mainstream exposure in recent years. A Spider-Gwen would interesting as well, but that would have trouble getting off the ground.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

Revelation34
3 weeks ago#80
Broken_Zeus posted...
WhiskeyDisk posted...
Korruptor posted...

It'd be interesting if we had a version where it was Aunt May who died and they instead explored how that would impact Peter's life.... although, granted, he already has the powers at that point so a lot of his early development is already done.

Granted, if they did do a reboot, at this point Sony could actually go with Miles Morales which... meh. I know that a Spidey 2099 would never cross that table, even though the Miguel O'Hara Spidey has enjoyed some mainstream exposure in recent years. A Spider-Gwen would interesting as well, but that would have trouble getting off the ground.

It has? I owned a few of those comics as a kid and REALLY enjoyed them. Also I would love a Spider Gwen movie.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Valley of The Geeks
  • Post New Message